- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Modify or update existing databases and database management systems.
- Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database.
- Develop methods for integrating different products so they work properly together such as customizing commercial databases to fit specific needs.
- Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
- Create policies and procedures for database management system manuals.
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Train users and answer questions.
- Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems, such as the installation of new databases.
- Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
Qualifications and Desired Characteristics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field;
- At least 5 years of related work experience;
- Proactive, responsive and a quick learner;
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.