Hancock Natural Resource Group, Inc. (HNRG) was founded in 1985 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts. It is a registered investment advisor and wholly owned subsidiary of Manulife Financial Corporation. HNRG’s agriculture investment arm is Hancock Agriculture Investment Group (HAIG). HAIG develops and manages customized farmland portfolios for a global client base, and is one the world’s largest agricultural investment management organizations. As of December 2017, assets under management totaled $2.9 billion. These assets are located in the United States, Canada, and Australia.
We are seeking to hire an experienced Portfolio Manager, with client facing experience.
The Portfolio Manager reports to the Associate Director of Client Account Management.
- Heavy interface with client representatives.
- Development and implementation of client investment strategies, including portfolio construction proposals with detailed analysis.
- Evaluation of acquisition and disposition opportunities
- Evaluation of portfolio performance including in-depth financial statement analysis and impact return analysis for all recommendations.
- Development and implementation of acquisition funding strategies
- Development and management of all aspects of the client relationship, including:
- Coordinating client communications
- Ensuring that client service needs are met (e.g. portfolio reviews, financial reporting, property visits, satisfying ad hoc requests)
Monitoring the portfolio for compliance with contracts and regulations
In addition to the responsibilities associated with existing clients, the Portfolio Manager will also support marketing efforts associated with the development of new business.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in resource economics, business administration, finance, or economics
- Graduate degree in a finance, economics, resource economics or business is desirable
- Either a CFA or CAIA designation is desirable
- Several years of experience in the agriculture or agribusiness industry is a plus, however any real asset experience is desired.
- Ten plus years of experience with notable client facing history. Prior experience working with clients in an advisory role preferred.
- Understanding of financial statements, portfolio construction, and investment analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work at all levels in an organization, have excellent relationship building skills, and be a team player
Organizational skills and the ability to efficiently manage several diverse tasks at the same time to meet required deadlines
Hancock Natural Resource Group offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, a team oriented work environment and growth opportunities for its employees.
Hancock Natural Resource Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly on our website at:
- Asset Management
- Investment Management
- Investor Relations
- Alternative Investments
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.