MidPen is building the future of affordable housing. Combining beautifully designed communities with life-transforming services for our residents, we’re on a mission to help our partners, residents, and employees see what’s possible. We believe community is the key to a healthy and successful collective future, and we are changing the world from our own backyard!
The Information Technology Project Manager reports to the Director of Information Technology and works with a cross section of MidPen business and IT representatives to provide Project Management support and services to the larger organization. The Project Manager is responsible for managing MidPen Housing’s IT/Business Project Portfolio, which primarily consists of Software/Hardware-related initiatives. The Project Manager is responsible for the creation of project plans that encompass all the required activities surrounding a typical implementation. This includes working with various department representatives to gather business requirements, identify project scope, assemble the appropriate resources and lay out a detailed plan for implementation. The Project Manager will also be required to provide analytical support (as applicable) to help identify and/or validate project expectations and identify any cross departmental areas of opportunity and/or conflict.
Your day to day:
- Lead the planning and implementation of small and large scale projects
- Document, Implement and Execute Portfolio and Project Management processes
- Develop full scale project plans, include defining project tasks and resource requirements
- Create project scopes and objectives while involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Manage project resource allocation and project budget
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Track project deliverables using appropriate MidPen tools
- Coordinate internal and external resources including third parties/vendors management
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders and management
- Publish status reports covering project progress, issues and recommend solutions
- Manage project change control, evaluations and assessment of results
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
What you bring:
- Certifications: PMP (Required), PgMP, CAPM (Preferred)
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years of experience managing medium to large scale projects
- Thorough understanding of Project Management concepts including a good understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Project, Microsoft Productivity Applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word required), SharePoint and other pertinent applications.
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing, Single Sign-On and Web Based Application development
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication and customer service skills, ability to effectively communicate amongst cross-functional groups within the organization, and strong collaborative style.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Must have valid California driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of current auto insurance policy.
Life at MidPen:
When you join MidPen, you join a team of passionate, committed individuals. Whether you work at our corporate office or onsite at one of our communities, MidPen employees help transform lives from day one while enjoying the following full time benefits and perks:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive vacation and sick time accrual, and personal holiday hours
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Great work-life balance, including a wellness program
- Free on-site parking
- In-house trainings and external classes supporting professional development
- Company outings and team-building activities
- Financial counseling and generous discretionary retirement contributions
At MidPen, we seek those with good hearts and great minds - those who share our dream of providing affordable housing to all. We are guided by five core values that shape our interactions with our partners, residents, and each other:
Integrity: We provide accurate, timely information, manage our company resources responsibly, and conduct all aspects of our business honestly and fairly.
Collaboration: We work as a team that seeks out and honors diverse opinions, ideas, and skill sets in order to achieve common goals. We understand that individual success is linked with our collective success.
Accountability: We follow through on the commitments we make to one another, our partners, our residents and our communities. We deliver specific, defined results and take responsibility for the consequences of our actions or inactions.
Respect: We treat our employees, residents, vendors, partners, investors, and the community in which we work with dignity. We welcome social and intellectual diversity and we recognize and value the unique contributions made by our diverse stakeholders.
Excellence: We set and strive to meet a high standard for quality, professionalism and competence. We create a work environment that inspires extraordinary work, recognizes results, and gives everyone a chance to make a difference and share in the organization’s success.
We want you to be part of #TeamMidPen. Find more than a job. Find community. Apply today!
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job