Forest City Realty Trust, Inc. is a NYSE-listed national real estate company engaged in commercial and residential real estate throughout the United States. Forest City Associates are committed to creating superior communities where people LIVE, WORK, SHOP and STAY!
We are searching for a talented Development Manager to be based out of our San Francisco office.
Development Manager, Community Benefits and Relations Lead, Pier 70
We are seeking candidates for the position of Development Manager in the San Francisco office to join us in working on the Pier 70 Project. Pier 70 represents the opportunity to transform a dilapidated former manufacturing facility into a premier waterfront district adjacent to the burgeoning Dogpatch neighborhood and, just south of UCSF's Mission Bay campus, the new Golden State Warriors multi-purpose arena. The 28-acre mixed use development will contain for-sale and rental housing, new creative and/or life sciences office space, arts and creative spaces, housing across a spectrum of affordability, local manufacturing and local retail, and creation of new waterfront parks.
This is a great opportunity to join a unique real estate development company working on transformative projects with a talented and inspired local San Francisco team. The role provides exposure to a variety of aspects of the development process and project.
We are looking for someone to join our office that brings a positive attitude, enjoys collaborating as part of a team, learns quickly, takes initiative and proactively tackles new challenges and is willing to pitch in where needed. Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders, officials, consultants and community groups is imperative.
- The Development Manager will interface with the entire Pier 70 team and report directly to the Senior Vice President. Overall, the role is an essential bridge across the project's master development components and vertical development of buildings. As such, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to lead and assist on a variety of community development, community relations and project management tasks essential to the success of the Pier 70 project. Specific work tasks are as follows:
- [40%] Manage the implementation and compliance, including management of sub-consultants, of Pier 70's Workforce Development including Local Hire, Local Business Enterprise (LBE) utilization and First Source Hiring. Manage relationships with the Port of San Francisco, OEWD, OLSE, CMD, nonprofit organizations and local community stakeholders in the implementation of the workforce community benefits of the project.
- Coordinate internally with project managers, primes and LBE liaisons
- Plan outreach events in District 10
- [25%] Manage strategy and execution of external communications with media, elected officials and community stakeholders.
- Prepare briefing memos, coordinate information given to external partners, draft talking points
- Respond and track communication with community - check project email address, monitor nextdoor conversations on project, attend neighborhood meetings including Dogpatch Neighborhood Association and Potrero Boosters, issue newsletters
- Coordinate the tracking and response of construction concerns and questions – drafting responses to community, construction hotline, construction newsletter
- Manage communication with Noonan artists at Pier 70
- Prepare presentations to public groups, existing and potential partners, potential tenants, city agencies, etc.
- [10%] Assist in tracking of overall project workflow and schedule across development and constructions teams for master development/DDA implementation and vertical buildings.
- [10%] Plan public events including small public Q&As, open houses, groundbreaking, topping out events
- Event planning for event including run of show, finding local venues and vendors
- Coordinate/create presentations for events
- [10%} Other Community Benefit Components
- Overall campus-wide marketing/branding
- Strategy for Interim Event Activation
- Affordable Housing at Pier 70 including implementing programs for outreach to District 10, working with MOHCD to incorporate potential preferences for artists and neighborhood residents
- [5%] Manage the strategic planning and deployment of a $250,000 charitable giving budget.
- Maintain and establish relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Attend events held by nonprofit organizations.
Interface with potential and existing community based organization partners.
- This position requires an Undergraduate Degree in Finance, Engineering, Development Design/Planning, Law or related discipline.
- Advanced (Master) Degree - PREFERRED
- 3-4 years of direct real estate development experience.
- Required skills for the position include: strong problem solving skills, creative thinker and solid organization and leadership, knowledge of the principles and practices or real estate, and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; prefer SAP skills.
- Other required skills include: the ability to interact with various officials, consultants and community groups, communicate, present, and to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- This position requires up to 25% travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace
2+ to 5 years