The Company – CenterPoint Integrated Solutions, LLC – Lakewood, CO
Join our team of Real Estate Professionals and work with individuals that enjoy the Real Estate Development process. At CenterPoint, we are a highly effective team that promotes a unique culture focused on employee development and growth. This is an entry level position within our organization with the potential to grow into more responsibilities and advancements within the firm.
CenterPoint Integrated Solutions is seeking a full time Development Coordinator to assist with pre-development services for external clients and the internal CenterPoint Real Estate Development Department. These responsibilities shall include, but are not necessarily limited to assistance with pre-feasibility, feasibility / due diligence, entitlements, design management and overall management of the permitting process. Job responsibilities for the Development Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Development Managers with entitlement and permit research, completion of applications, management of project schedules, and coordination with architects, engineers, and various departments within various municipalities.
- Assist Development Managers on all phases of the pre-development process as it relates to the project including administration, scheduling and reporting.
- Assist Development Managers with pre-feasibility and feasibility investigations including code research, consultant identification and preliminary interviews, consultant Request for Proposal (RFPs) preparation, proposal management, contract administration and management / compilation of various consultant tasks and reports.
- Assist Development Managers in managing a project team of outside consultants to ensure the most efficient and organized development process possible. Communicate effectively to all members of the project team.
- Manage the permitting process by conducting permit research, completing applications, managing schedules, and coordinating with architects, engineers, and various departments within a municipality.
Reports to: Development Services Director; however, the Development Coordinator will work under the day-to-day supervision of a Development Manager.
General Qualifications Required
Education: Bachelor's degree in real estate, civil engineering, architecture, planning, construction management or construction-related engineering field.
Experience: 1-2 years of relevant work experience
Computer skills required include proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Real Estate and land development knowledge required
Project Management experience preferred
Skills/Behaviors: Strong oral and written communication skills are a must
Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks daily.
Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently while meeting strict deadlines
Ability to handle fast-paced work environment
Ability to adapt to change
Travel: Travel may be required (approximately 10-20%)
- Conduct preliminary, project-specific code research to identify how projects may be affected by local ordinances
- Identify and qualify third party consultants such as civil engineers, geotechnical engineers and environmental engineers
- Prepare Request for Proposals for third party consultant services
- Manage proposals from third party consultants
- Prepare contracts for third party consultants
- Coordinate consultants work to coincide with project deadlines
- Manage calendar of due dates with client and consultant reports
- Attend project meetings to gain further understanding of project details and objectives
- Provide detailed minutes of all meetings
- Perform quality & content review of consultant reports
- Identify critical issues and the risk associated with each issue that may affect the project schedule or budget
- Draft executive summary letters for final review and publishing by Development Managers
- Produce draft pre-development schedules in Microsoft Project for review with Development Manager
- Manage the assembly and publishing of feasibility books
- Post schedules, budgets, reports and other critical project documents on internal client website
- Revise schedules, budgets, reports and other critical project documents at direction of Development Manager
- Revise schedules, budgets, reports and other critical project documents at direction of Development Manager and post to internal client website
- Compile and assist with the distribution on plans for internal team review and comment
- Compile plan comments and assist with the coordination of a team review meeting
- Compile and assist with the completion of application forms, fee requests and submittal related to various entitlement processes
- Provide follow up on any outstanding pre-development items prior to design
- Assist in managing the overall government approval process
- Daily coordination of permit applications, tracking reviews, submittals, responses and approvals for multiple projects nationwide between the jurisdiction, designer, client and all other entities
- Permitting includes any permits required prior to the start of construction as well as Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Permits
- Creating and submitting permitting/design submittal packages
- Completing Bond and Letter of Credit documentation
- Maintaining permitting approval schedules and evaluating how the approval process affects construction dates
- Weekly newsletter and slides updating the client and consultants on the status of all permits
- Researching a proposed project's permitting/approval requirements and projecting an approval schedule. Includes a summary letter to be included with Development Managers Feasibility Letter
- Requesting monies and execution of Agreements to the client.
- Attendance on project conference calls
- General Administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to, filing, copying, and other report completion
- Assist Development Manager with Add Service Agreements from third party consultants to ensure consultants are completing items within their scope of work.
- Maintain strong client relationships.
- Assist Development Managers with additional tasks as needed.
- Project Management
- Due Diligence
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.