Epsilon Associates is a privately owned environmental consulting firm known for excellent work on a wide range of interesting projects. We are located in Maynard, Mass. The business involves working on projects on an hourly basis, and accounting for time and expenses, billing clients monthly and collecting accounts receivable.
We are looking for a poised self starter to manage assist in business finances. In this position you will be a member of a seasoned administrative team and you will interact with every member of the firm from the owners to project managers to staff. This is a fast paced position that requires attention to detail, follow-up, and a customer service attitude.
The person in this role operates both independently and as a team member. This position has growth potential for the right candidate.
Working closely with the Office Manager and CFO/Managing Principal, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Invoicing: creating monthly reports of hours worked on each job, expenses associated with each job, and then creating invoices. Ensuring that each invoice is accurate, and that it is sent out in a timely manner with any attachments that are provided by the project manager and in accordance with client requirements.
- Entering and Paying Bills, Flex Forms & Expense Reports: entering bills from vendors as they are received, by account code. When bills are paid, attach checks to each bill for signature by the managing principal, then mail out. Entering approximately 60 expense reports at the end of each month.
- Backlog Report: Entering monthly project invoice amounts and contract amounts in a stand-alone Excel spreadsheet.
- Collections: With Managing Principal, reviewing outstanding invoices, and send out past due notices. Coordinate with A/P staff at client organizations for problem solving. Coordinate online payment applications. Receive checks and apply to proper client account. Bank deposits, issue weekly A/R report.
- Contracts: Review new contracts and set up in QuickBooksPro. Review any special terms and ensure they are followed while invoicing. Enter dollar amount of contracts into an Access data base and Excel spreadsheet for tracking.
- Time Reporting: Prepare and issue weekly time reports to project managers in a timely manner.
- Project Manager Support: Provide budget tracking spreadsheets and other project management support to project managers as requested.
- Coordination with Accountants: Annually, work with outside accountants on year end financial reporting and overhead audit.
- Bachelors’ degree in economics, math, accounting, business or similar quantitative subject.
- Must be proficient in QuickBooksPro and Excel. Must be detail oriented.
- 4 or more years of related experience independently performing day-to-day bookkeeping functions as well as higher level analysis, where decision making skills were evident.
- Must exhibit strong analytical skills with advanced Excel skills and a proactive approach. High level of customer service in responding to internal and external client and project staff needs. Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks. Must be highly organized.
- Accounting / Control
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.