Brickman is a real estate private equity firm that actively invests in both debt and equity. The firm combines its owner-operator expertise with its extensive experience in debt to produce superior risk-adjusted returns for its investors. Brickman was formed in 1993 and has invested over $1.5 billion of equity capital in approximately 100 transactions with a total capitalization in excess of $5.0 billion.
Brickman is seeking a Leasing Associate to join its leasing and marketing team. The candidate will be responsible for the leasing and marketing of Brickman managed properties, primarily using various listing and broker relationships. The position will require the ability to create flyers, show space, and negotiate term sheets and leases. Additionally, the candidate will be required to assist in organizing leasing calls with brokers outside the NYC Metropolitan market. The candidate will work directly with the Director of Leasing and other senior team members including the acquisitions team.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assist senior leasing professionals in marketing and leasing the firm’s portfolio
- Manage existing tenant relationships within the New York portfolio to understand needs and requirements
- Create innovative flyers and special events to market various properties
- Conduct property/space tours with prospective tenants and brokers
- Create and negotiate Request for Proposals, Offers and Letters of Intent
- Negotiate leases with tenants, brokers and attorneys
- Manage the various property listings and coordinate weekly e-blasts to the brokerage community
- Research property markets including competitive transactions and leasing data
- Assist in creating quarterly valuations of the firm’s portfolio for investors
- Think creatively to solve problems and provide meaningful insight and input into leasing transactions
- Ideal candidate will have between one and three years of related real estate leasing experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a rigorous institution
- Solid understanding of Word, Photoshop and Excel
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Creative thinking and deal making ability
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to run multiple transactions simultaneously
Competitive compensation will be provided commensurate with experience
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.