Foundry Commercial is currently seeking an Analyst/Associate to join our Development and Investments (“D&I”) team in Boca Raton, Florida. We are looking for a motivated self-starter possessing a passion for real estate, strong financial skills, business acumen and leadership. The primary focus of this role will be analyzing and executing commercial real estate acquisition and development opportunities in office, industrial and/or retail product types across the Carolinas, Florida, Atlanta, Nashville, and Dallas. This is a great opportunity to develop the following:
- A solid foundation in the technical skills (quantitative and written) required to analyze real estate investment opportunities;
- A keen ability to think strategically through the investment strategy and inherent risks and opportunities of a deal;
- A complete understanding of our investment process (analysis/underwriting, capitalization, approvals, asset management, and portfolio/fund management) by learning, implementing, and managing it;
- A deep appreciation for the level of attention to detail and organization required to successfully to analyze, capitalize and execute both acquisition and development opportunities; and
- A broad exposure to numerous deals and the Foundry platform – our Analyst and Associate team benefits from exposure to over 100 deals annually in multiple product types across multiple markets while working with Deal Principals, Asset Management, Project Management, Accounting, Property Management and Brokerage teams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze and review offering materials, leases, operating statements, development budgets, equity and debt term sheets, third party due diligence reports, etc.
- Acquire and analyze key property and market information by gathering information from deal leads, brokers, property managers, etc.
- Develop advanced financial models and analysis using Argus and MS Excel.
- Prepare investment committee memos, equity/debt packages, presentations and reports for investors and lenders.
- Direct the gathering, organizing, and presenting of demographic, economic, and real estate market research, draw objective conclusions, and make recommendations.
- Execute the investment process, including underwriting, capitalization, due diligence, and closing.
- Contribute in the due diligence and closing process including review and tracking of due diligence requirements, third party reports, property/tenant information, JV and debt documentation, and closing statements.
- Provide assistance on special projects and complete other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requested:
- Analyst - Must have an Undergraduate degree with an emphasis in Finance or Real Estate, prior internship or work experience in commercial real estate investment analysis preferred.
- Associate – Must have an Undergraduate degree with an emphasis in Finance or Real Estate and 2+ years of work experience, Graduate degree and commercial real estate investment experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel and Argus is required – ability to conduct data analysis and real estate financial modeling, including complex debt and equity partnership structures.
- Proficiency in analytical writing – ability to effectively communicate and present well-reasoned and data-supported thoughts and ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Strong research, writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills with great attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, managers, lenders, partners, and third parties.
- Effective time manager – ability to consistently manage multiple projects with accuracy, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Extremely high energy, fast-paced and driven to succeed.
- Keen ability to work efficiently both autonomously and as a member of a team.
About Foundry Commercial
Foundry Commercial has grown to be a truly unique commercial real estate company in the Southern U.S. as both a local operator and a sophisticated investor. This combination of boots on the ground services with investment management and execution expertise creates a virtuous circle which builds our presence and expertise while strengthening our real estate service and investment platforms.
- Services – Foundry’s 300+ real estate professionals cover approximately 50 million square feet of projects in 11 offices over seven states covering the Southeast US. We provide leasing brokerage, property management and project management services across office, industrial, and retail product types.
- Investments – Development & Investments (“D&I”) is Foundry’s investment platform that leverages the expertise, relationships and local presence of the Services platform to capitalize on acquisition and development opportunities. We only play “home games”, focusing on the markets and product types in which the Services platform gives us a competitive advantage. Since 2014 this strategy has resulted in execution of over 10 million square feet of acquisition and development opportunities totaling in excess of $1billion. D&I is much more than a money manager; we have the discipline and organization of institutional investors and are also an operator that crafts and executes the value creation strategy for each asset.
Foundry Commercial is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Foundry Commercial is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available person in every job. It is the policy of Foundry Commercial to grant equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions, veteran's status, or any other conditions or identifications against which discrimination is prohibited.
- Financial Analysis
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job