The Property Accountant is to manage the accounting and financial functions of a portfolio of multi-family properties. The position is responsible for the daily, weekly and monthly accounting, and will interface with the Vice President, Controller, Regional Managers, and Property Managers. Individuals in this role must possess strong interpersonal skills, with a drive to succeed.
Monthly monitoring and accounting for all transactions and final preparation of financial statements for specifically assigned managed properties.
- Cash Management
- Completes month-end close process
- Completes monthly bank reconciliation
- Requests for Replacement Reserve Reimbursements, monthly or quarterly as needed
- Review, investigate and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries
- Accounts Payable
- Process Vendor payables
- Monitoring cash collections
- Review of all invoices and check requests to insure account codes have been properly assigned
- Setting up new vendors
- Ensuring vendor insurance is up-to-date prior to release of payments
- Insures timely payment of all Mortgage Payments, Interest Payments and Utility Payments
- Insures timely payment of Property Management and Asset Management Fees
- Process owner distributions as directed by Asset Manager
- Trains or assists with training the on-site staff with accounting functions
- Special projects as assigned
- Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent information.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years’ experience in accounting
- 1-2 years of multi-family property accounting
- Proven experience managing financial statements for multiple properties
- Knowledge of Onesite/Real-page systems preferred
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Accounting / Control
- Property Management
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.