The Beach Company is seeking to hire a Financial Analyst immediately. Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, The Beach Company is actively engaged in the development of residential and commercial projects throughout the Southeast. The Company’s portfolio includes multifamily communities, master planned communities, commercial buildings and industrial warehouses. The company has a large pipeline of new projects and anticipates further continued growth. For further background on the company, including a sampling of current and prior projects, visit their web page at .
The Financial Analyst, as an integral part of the Finance Team, will provide support to team members in Development, Acquisitions, Financial Reporting, Asset Management, and Property Management including underwriting future acquisition and development opportunities and analyzing the existing real estate portfolio in helping to achieve and evaluate strategic goals. The analyst position plays a key role in analyzing existing and new property financing, capital structures and input into the budgeting process for investments of the Company, thereby assisting in the setting of strategic goals for specific investments and Operating Divisions.
Job functions include:
- Create, manage, and update proformas for potential acquisitions and development projects of all different asset types.
- Calculate returns assuming various capital structures.
- Assist in lender and partnership reporting.
- Produce ad-hoc financial reports to assist management in investment decisions.
- Compile and analyze combined property performance at portfolio level.
- Assist in the annual budget preparation and review process.
- Review and underwrite existing properties annually to assist in determining future investment strategies.
- Assist with financial reporting at an entity, consolidated, and combined level.
Candidate qualifications include:
Undergraduate business or finance degree; MBA or Real Estate Master’s Degree is a plus.
- A minimum of two years of work experience in real estate development and/or investment experience with a diversified, best-in-class developer or investor.
- Significant analytical skills; must have a demonstrated facility for underwriting complex real estate developments and/or investments; the ability to proactively assess potential revenues and costs to build relevant cash flow models that evaluate returns of proposed investments; the ability to cogently pull together financial analyses across the enterprise to aid in decision making
- Strong computer skills including, including advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with real estate software programs, MRI and Argus is a plus.
Highly motivated & organized. History of taking ownership of new initiatives.
- Able to work well independently and within a team.
The Beach Company offers an excellent work environment and corporate culture, with competitive compensation and employee benefits.
The Beach Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that uses EVerify. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Beach Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Financial Analysis
- Portfolio Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.