The Regional Administrative Assistant performs clerical and administrative work, contributes towards customer interface initiatives, and supports the regional office with special projects. Specifically, the job includes assisting senior management, as well as property managers, accountants, financial analysts and engineers. Support functions include preparing tenant billings, updating certificates of insurance, general word processing, filing, scheduling and answering phones.
- High School degree or equivalent required, two or four year college degree in accounting or similar field preferred.
- Two to five years’ experience in a similar environment or position required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office for the purpose of creating presentation ready documents, while also having an aptitude for learning software applications used for accounting, budgeting, and tenant work orders.
- Basic knowledge of accounting mathematics and systems and prior experience coding invoices and preparing billing.
- Strong prioritizing, multi-tasking and organizational skills preferable, along with the ability to give and receive detailed information.
- Strong customer service experience and exemplary professionalism.
- Familiarity with real estate terminology is helpful.
- Punctual attendance and appreciation in following company policies.
- Must be physically able to visit and inspect all areas of the property.
1) Accounts Receivables (20% of Time):
- Proactively support property management regarding any outstanding accounts receivables.
- Prepare invoices to tenants for billable services.
- Apply regional cash receipts
2) Accounts Payables (20% of Time):
- Code invoices for payment.
- Create and process all expense reports for the regional office.
3) Vendor Management (5% of Time):
- Track vendor insurance certificates and ensure they are current and properly completed.
- Maintain vendor contact lists.
4) Tenant Relations (5% of Time):
- Follow-up on tenant requests to assure satisfactory completion.
- Consolidate any tenant survey (Kingsley) information into a summary report for regional management.
- Complete certificate of insurance requests from tenants.
- Maintain tenant contact lists.
- Report tenant related issues to management as necessary.
5) Office Administration (50% of Time):
- Greet visitors and courteously handle incoming calls by transferring to appropriate persons, taking accurate messages, and resolving problems or requests.
- Assist in hosting any scheduled visitors to the regional office.
- Maintain the appearance of the regional office and order office supplies.
- Assist the IT department with any issues in the region associated with the network, printers, scanners, etc.
- Open, sort, and date-stamp incoming mail.
- Provide support for management by typing general and lease correspondence, proposals, and lease forms when necessary.
- Organize any regional events such as holiday party, family day, etc.
- Participate as requested by management in the production of any formal presentations for external clients (investors and analysts) as well as internal clients (Investment Committee).
- Coordinate special events by preparing lists, mailing, compiling information, and gathering costs.
- Maintain, organize, and create up-to-date electronic and hard files for lease, general, contract and other building related documents.
Piedmont Office Realty Trust offers a competitive salary, bonus and comprehensive benefits program, as well as the opportunity to grow with an organization that values integrity, respect and excellence.
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years