Macquarie seeks an experienced Analyst/Associate to join its special situations real estate team in the New York office. The real estate team makes opportunistic investments in North American real estate assets across the capital structure, through both direct investment origination and secondary acquisitions. The team is made up of nine professionals and has invested approximately $4 billion since 2010. Positions consist of equity, mezzanine, unitranche, and senior investments.
The Associate position provides the opportunity to work as a principal investor in a flat team, evaluating potential investments across all property types and capital structures. Associates are paired with a senior member of the team on a deal-by-deal basis, enabling Associates to gain a wide breadth of responsibility and the opportunity to significantly contribute to investment decisions. By virtue of the small deal team sizes, Associates see and participate in all aspects of the investment process.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Financial analysis and modeling
- Fundamental asset and market research
- Writing internal investment memoranda and presentations
- Legal analysis of documentation
- Liaising with financial and legal advisors in structuring deals
- And most importantly, contributing to investment decisions
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in investment banking, principal investing, hedge fund, or private equity
- Strong interest in real estate (background in real estate is preferred but not required)
- Bachelor's degree and excellent academic background
- Strong quantitative and financial modeling skills
- Strong research, writing, and communication skills
- Hard-working, can-do attitude and the desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and team-oriented environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job