Verdis is a privately held investment management firm investing globally from its base outside of Philadelphia. Established in 2004 from a line of the DuPont and Biddle families, Verdis invests proprietary capital as well as capital from our institutional investor and family office partners. Drawing from a rich legacy in finance and entrepreneurship that spans three centuries, Verdis applies an innovative, unconstrained and analytically-rigorous approach to investing designed to generate superior returns.
Verdis Investment Management allocates capital to third-party fund managers and direct investments across all asset classes. We invest in global private partnerships in equities, hedge funds, venture capital, private equity, real estate, energy, metals, minerals, agriculture and other natural resources. In addition, we evaluate direct property investments in the multi- and single-family residential space.
The Verdis team has unique backgrounds that include private equity investing and direct operating experience. Collectively we have spent decades building an extensive global network that includes general partners, academics, operating company CIOs and the investment teams at many of the largest endowment and foundation investment offices. This network is a source of investment ideas, manager recommendations and invaluable insight into investment trends and the investment opportunities available at every point in the cycle.
The Real Estate Investment Analyst will focus on the firm’s real estate investment activities, which includes both allocations to third-party private real estate fund managers, as well as direct property investments. In addition, the Real Estate Investment Analyst will gain experience across a multitude of sectors within natural resources, including oil and gas, power generation, agriculture and metals and mining. The Investment Analyst will also be responsible for:
- helping with identifying attractive new investment opportunities;
- providing analytical support for underwriting direct real estate investments and strategies;
- evaluating and performing in-depth due diligence on prospective and current investment fund managers and operating partners, analyzing historical portfolio construction and performance records, and composing memoranda detailing recommendations to the Verdis Investment Committee;
- the ongoing monitoring of selected managers and investments, which involves occasional travel;
- aiding in the development of the quarterly reports to investors, and assisting with other communication to investors as needed;
- helping the investment team maintain awareness of developments within the real estate and natural resources industries in which it invests.
To qualify for the Real Estate Investment Analyst position, candidates must have 2+ years experience in Real Estate Acquisitions/Development/Financing or Real Estate Investment Banking. Candidates must also have superior written and oral communication skills, quantitative/statistics skills, and a strong academic record. An undergraduate degree is required, as is experience with Microsoft Word and Excel. A successful candidate should be self-motivated, intellectually curious, creative, and diligent.
Verdis is prepared to offer a competitive compensation package, including salary, incentive compensation, and benefits.
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job