The primary responsibility of this position is to support the senior real estate professionals of the Company’s Acquisition and Joint Venture teams by providing research and analysis of select industrial real estate markets. Secondary responsibilities include but are not limited to supporting other professionals within the Acquisition and Joint Venture teams with due diligence, closing and monitoring of select investments, and providing general support related to market research needs within the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Utilizing Co-star, third party research reports and direct phone and e mail contact with market professionals, this individual will be expected to:
o Perform in depth analysis of markets in which an investment is being considered, including supply, demand, vacancy, and rental rate analysis as well as other key metrics
o Systematically research markets in which the Company does not currently have a presence and make recommendations (supported by analysis) for markets that should be considered for the pursuit of investment opportunities
o Provide the results of the previously described research efforts in concise and professional outlines or presentations suitable for use by senior executives
· Liase with the internal financial analysis associates to provide market data and statistics for their use in the crafting of investment committee and operating committee approvals etc.
· Prepare materials for market tours including leasing flyers, development brochures, submarket stats, etc.
· Assist with maintaining pipeline and leasing reports for the Acquisition and Joint Venture teams
· Assist the Acquisition team with logging and tracking incoming broker offering memorandums
· Support due diligence processes to close new JV development and acquisition opportunities including budget approvals, tenant estoppels, tenant credit analyses, coordinating 3rd party site visits, etc.
· Provide ad hoc support to the Acquisition and Joint Venture teams related to the management of closed investments, including interaction with joint venture partners on matters related to lenders, budgets, reporting etc.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Must be resourceful and creative in the pursuit of market data and research
· Capable of manipulating and synthesizing large amounts of data
· Intermediate experience with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
- Research/Market Analysis
1+ to 2 years