Are you an experienced Real Estate Acquisitions Manager looking for a new opportunity with a global company?
Look no further than the corporate housing and serviced apartment leader Oakwood Worldwide. At Oakwood we know that satisfied associates make for satisfied clients and guests. Oakwood promotes from within! That’s why we offer competitive compensation, a generous benefits package and an empowering work environment.
Oakwood is looking for an experienced Real Estate Acquisitions Manager to join our team.
The Manager, Acquisitions will be a key member of the Investment and Asset Management team and will be in charge of managing the execution of real estate acquisitions projects for the North American markets. This role will lead the full spectrum of the projects including origination, feasibility studies, term sheet negotiation, management approvals, contract negotiations and deal closing. The Manager, Acquisitions is responsible for identifying and negotiating new opportunities and minimizing the cost of acquiring or renewing real estate.
Asset Management – Real Estate – Multifamily – Finance – Business Development
What’s in it for you?
Our Associates enjoy a creative and diverse work-life. We offer you career development opportunities, and empowering work environment, and a myriad of recognition and awards. For this role, we are pleased to offer a competitive compensation plan as well as these benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Programs
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance for Associate and Family Members
- Multi-faceted Learning Opportunities
- Educational Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days, and Holidays
- Bonus/Incentive Potential
- Child Care Reimbursement Plan
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- And Much More!
Key Features of your Day
- Source and identify management and acquisition targets within target asset class in North American market
- Conduct market, financial and project feasibility studies
- Develop new markets and market intelligence and maintain a database of research resources
- Develop financial feasibility studies for management agreements and investment projects
- Prepare and submit proposals for internal approvals as well as prepare and present strong proposition offers for external property owners.
- Negotiate management agreements and/or investment agreements and all related contracts
- Conduct due diligence of acquisition targets and business ventures
Best Candidates will Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or real estate required, advanced degree or CPA preferred.
- A minimum of 3-7 years of business development experience preferably within asset management in multifamily, corporate housing, serviced apartment or extended stay hotels.
- Proven Business Development experience and network within the North American hospitality/corporate housing market
- Competent in managing multiple projects simultaneously with a strong results/goal orientation
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment and deal with ambiguity
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken
- Demonstrated skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Systematic and methodical in thought process and work approach
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Ability to develop financial models and advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills is a must
- Travel is required up to 50%
Oakwood is the premiere global provider of Corporate Housing Solutions
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Oakwood Worldwide is the world’s largest provider of high quality furnished and unfurnished accommodations. We provide the advantages of far-reaching resources, unparalleled expertise, and the industry’s most personalized customer service through a tightly integrated staff of more than 3,000 highly trained professional. Our company is staffed by bright, organized and dependable people driven by a common company goal: to help us accomplish great things through exemplary customer service to our clients and to our peers. We truly believe in treating our Customers and Associates the way we would like to be treated.
If you want to work in a fun, pro-employee, professional environment, join our industry leading team today!
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job