Come join one of San Diego’s four S&P 500 companies, Realty Income Corporation, the Monthly Dividend Company. Realty Income attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on meritocracy and values work-life balance resonates with you, please apply today.
Our current opening is for an experienced Real Estate Assistant who will conduct review, analysis, research, responses, facilitation and disposition of both governmental and third-party requests for public improvement projects, easements, and other property.
Specifically the Real Estate Assistant will be responsible for:
- Assist with governmental and third-party requests for property rights over the company’s existing real estate portfolio and its new property acquisitions:
- Analyze, research, and monitor right of way, condemnation, easement and other third-party requests; assess and use judgement to prioritize requests, mitigating risk;
- Review, assess, evaluate and determine right of way impacts to property (e.g., signage, property value, use, parking, access, setbacks, traffic flow, visibility);
- Formulate an assessment, derive an opinion on and submit recommendations to the Manager of Right of Way regarding matters affecting the company’s real estate portfolio;
- Pull and review leases, existing surveys, title documents, and other property records from SharePoint to ascertain risk, issue, or understand facts regarding property in question;
- Research closed sale and on-market land comps to conduct award valuation analysis;
- Review, log, and monitor new condemnation, easement and 3rd party request matters in the Legal Access Database;
- Review, log, and vet public hearing notices to determine appropriate course of action, if needed;
- Research, analyze and track future public improvement projects that may affect Realty Income property.
- Review and assess impact to a variety of other real estate-related matters affecting properties within the company’s existing portfolio as to, among other things, marketability and functionality, including matters involving third parties, such as:
- Proposed new easements or abandonment of existing easements;
- Amendments to Declarations, Reciprocal Easement Agreements, CC&Rs, etc.;
- Public notices;
- Zoning and re-zoning.
- Document Retention and Management:
- Comply with document retention policy and procedure, and conduct quality control of active files for their input into the document management system.
- Assist Manager of Right of Way with ad hoc title and real estate reviews on properties as assigned or necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree, or equivalent experience (Required);
- One (1) to two (2) years of relevant and on-point right of way or commercial real estate experience.
Certificates, licenses or registrations:
- A paralegal certificate from an ABA approved school (Preferred, but not required).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to take direction and work effectively with minimal supervision, while working independently and taking the initiative to seek guidance where needed;
- Ability to build working relationships and communicate with other individuals inside and outside of the organization;
- Intermediate computer skills including Outlook and Word; adept at online research;
- Basic Excel spreadsheet and Access database skills with aptitude to learn and grow abilities;
- Sound critical thinking abilities upon which advanced skills could be developed with additional time and experience.
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.