Position: Director of Construction, Multifamily
Company: Banner Multifamily, LLC
Location: Greater Chicago, IL (currently based in Northbrook, IL)
BANNER REAL ESTATE GROUP is a fully integrated real estate operating company based in Northbrook, IL (north of Chicago), focusing on the acquisition, management, and development of multifamily properties, senior properties, and self-storage facilities nationwide. The multifamily division is actively sourcing new development opportunities in select urban markets nationwide, and thus seeking a Director of Construction to support the growth and profitability of the multifamily development team.
We are a private company that offers an excellent chance to be very involved in the development process and enhance your skills. Our company’s culture is one of congeniality, encouraging quality work, collaboration, and innovation, keeping Banner competitive with the larger market.
This position will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and project-based bonus incentives.
Your Day Will Include:
- Estimate hard costs from schematic design for proposed multifamily projects
- Review selected project sites and provide a detailed analysis for the underwriting team
- Interview and qualify general contractors and guide initial pricing estimates
- Review and negotiate GMP contracts with selected general contractor
- Responsible for maintaining the construction timelines and budgets
- Communicate progress and provide project status update reports
- Manage and facilitate obtaining Certificates of Occupancy through final punch out
- Future needs might require managing one or more Project Managers responsible for specific regions and/or multifamily projects
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in project management with experience on both the Ownership, Consultant, and/or Contractor side of the development business preferred. Experience in related fields is a benefit.
- Must be willing to travel on short notice and at times for extended periods
- Positive mental attitude; driven to help the company grow its multifamily development portfolio
- Proactive, with strong organization, follow up, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Comfortable working independently, yet be a team player
- Able to manage multiple projects and exercise good judgment in dealing with highly confidential matters
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Project Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.