- Perform high quality financial models in Excel utilizing soft and hard cost budgets, operating expense information and market assumptions, demonstrating a thorough understanding of the market. Financial models include cash flow modeling, financing and joint venture structuring, and investment analysis (static pro formas, IRRs, NPVs)
- Perform research and analysis in support of the underwriting, analysis and execution of multifamily real estate projects.
- Prepare investment memorandums and presentations to the internal investment committee, potential joint venture partners, and capital partners.
- Prepare regular reporting documents for development pursuits and jobs under construction. Ensure accurate and complete data input to consolidated departmental reports such as project summary, master project schedule and development fees.
- Gather and analyze data to assist in pricing and structuring potential transactions. Prepare pro forma projections and analyze pro forma returns.
- Prepare market overview reports to include key market assumptions (i.e. market rents, sales comparables and other key market fundamentals).
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Finance or related field from a four-year college or university. MBA degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an analytical role in multi-family real estate with exposure to the full development process.
- Strong working knowledge of financial modeling as evidenced by three years of experience in a related function.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other financial modeling software programs.
- Advanced knowledge of project management principles and practices as evidenced by a minimum of three years of experience providing project support and/or coordination.
- Advanced ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of assets using financial modeling techniques.
Shorenstein is one of the country’s oldest and most respected real estate organizations active nationally in the ownership and management of high-quality office and residential properties. Due to its success over many years and multiple real estate cycles, Shorenstein has established its reputation as a creative and knowledgeable investor. The company is privately owned and is headquartered in San Francisco. The company’s current portfolio totals 21.3 million square feet in 16 markets, with a gross value of $7.1 billion.
Shorenstein is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), status as a protected veteran, disability, genetic information, or any other statuses protected by law. Shorenstein will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
2+ to 5 years