Job Description: The Asset Manager (AM) oversees a portfolio of real estate properties as relationship manager and problem solver. The AM works closely with other departments within the company, including property management, transactions, and investor relations. The AM will be responsible for the regular reporting accountability and ongoing operational oversight of commercial portions of properties that are both stabilized and in development. In addition, the AM will perform financial analysis; schedule and execute site visits and work closely with lenders, various internal departments and property management to ensure the long-term viability of the assets. Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee reporting for a portfolio of properties that includes all real estate asset types such as mixed -use, commercial and retail.
- Oversee, analyze and report on financial performance; monitor budgets (comparing to actuals) and reviewing occupancy levels (rent rolls) as necessary through construction, lease-up, and on-going operations.
- Assist with the budget preparation process in conjunction with property management.
- Identify issues such as construction cost overruns, construction delays and significant variances in income and expense lines as compared to the approved budget.
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports in support of Investor Relations and lender financial reporting requirements.
- Support the Director of Finance on the financing and disposition of assets as required.
- Monitor overall operational performance of commercial portfolios, and communicate progress and issues on operational issues with executives on an ongoing basis.
- Evaluate property management and leasing/sales broker performance as required.
- Maximize total return for each assigned asset through the analysis of property efficiencies and identifying opportunities for improved performance.
- Work closely with property managers and leasing agents to provide direction for and oversight of business plans, budgets, forecasts, leases, analysis, and approvals.
- Demonstrate industry, market, and project knowledge through recommendations and solutions.
- Complete ad hoc assignments and/or projects as required.
- 3+ years of asset management experience.
- Experience in commercial real estate as an asset manager with stabilized and/or development assets.
- Experience in construction and development reporting preferred.
- Candidate must have financial analysis skills with expert level Excel skills.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment.
- Experience in Yardi software, a plus.
- Asset Management
- Portfolio Management
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job