A.J. Khair is a Los Angeles based developer and contractor that primarily builds ground up developments. The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the construction of the Company’s development projects including hospitality, residential, and mixed-use developments. The Project Manager will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of construction from initial feasibility through project close-out.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage projects as it relates to construction through design development, construction, and project completion
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner in close coordination with the project superintendent
- Prepare and monitor project budgets, cash flow projections and project schedules and ensure projects are delivered within budget according to requirements
- Assemble and coordinate all required disciplines for each project and negotiate and manage contracts, agreements and change orders with design / engineering professionals, sub-contractors and others.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other staff and departments within the Company to ensure development activities meet organizational objectives
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A minimum of seven (7) years of construction business experience in United States, including at least five (5) years of project management experience as a project manager
- Experience in multifamily and hospitality projects
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executives, management and staff level external and internal clients.
- Highly organized, detail oriented with strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and manage priorities while managing a multi-project workload.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Careful attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to adjust to changing situations and work under pressure.
- Thorough knowledge of finish schedules, drawing sets, space planning drawings and architectural details
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Strong MS Office Suite program skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Architecture, Engineering, Real Estate or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Eligible to work in the United States. Must be US citizen, and Permanent Resident
- Project Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job