HPI Real Estate and Investments is a full service real estate company serving Austin, San Antonio, Dallas and the surrounding Central Texas areas. HPI is seeking a Property Assistant. The Property Management Assistant – Office is an essential role at HPI. This role assists & reports to the Property Manager in the management of class A office buildings in the areas of building & office operations, facility maintenance and repair, tenant and vendor relations, project management, accounting processes, invoicing, A/R, A/P and financial reporting/budgets. The role is located in downtown Austin, TX.
II. Priority functions / Responsibilities
- Regular communication with the tenants of the building including answering phones, greeting guests, sending out tenant emails, etc.
- Receives service requests from tenants in assigned buildings by documenting work order in property management work order system or communicates to the manager and service requests from and notifying and involving manager as appropriate to ensure customer service.
- Prepares tenant move-in/move-out notices
- Requires occasional inspections of properties, and meeting with tenants.
- Prepare and send out A/R letters/emails & delinquency letters/emails
- Initiates action to correct janitorial and maintenance deficiencies as noted in inspections or by direction from the management team
- Assists in enforcing building operating regulations, including use of parking and other common areas along with building security and management team
- Assists Managers with a wide variety of special projects associated with renovation and remodelling of tenant spaces, particularly with respect to new tenant move-ins. Coordinates with tenants and collects new tenant data
- May assist Chief Engineer with updates to work order system
- Engages in day to day contact and management of vendors along with the Assistant Property Manager, including Custodial, Window washing, Pest control, Elevator maintenance, Interior landscaping, Grounds maintenance, Building access control, Security, etc.
- Review all vendor invoices for accuracy and in compliance with the vendor contract and the client's accounting procedures.
- Prepare vendor invoices for approval by supervisor and issue to appropriate accounting department for processing. Ensure that this process takes place in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure new vendor forms and appropriate insurance on file for all vendors.
Rent Management & Financial Reporting Assistance
- Assists in preparation of materials (bids, inspections, project work) for assigned buildings and functional areas
- When necessary, assist Manager in assembling monthly reports
III. Communication Responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills & ability to establish strong interpersonal relations with team members, tenants and vendors
- Assist in developing and maintaining relationships with tenants, vendors and co-employees & employer.
This position should ensure they seek manager input on and use good judgment to drive great customer relations – strive to handle daily situations independently.
IV. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- 2 - 5 years of experience in an administrative assistant/support type roles required
- 1-3 years real estate or property management related experience strongly desired
- Minimum HS Diploma required, Some College/College Degree or comparable work experience preferred
- HPI prides itself on a strong work ethic, integrity and exceptional customer service – these are requirements of this role
- Desire to learn and improve; the bar is always raised by HPI and our competition, goals are set to keep you, your team and our company moving to a higher level
- Timely and accurate work product; ability to work independently and with flexibility
- Strong administrative, organization skills, and ability to prioritize work and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to change within the organization and the needs of the client
- Professional and ability to keep information confidential
- Technical/Special Skills: Familiarity with computer software programs such as Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) required
- Excellent communication skills required
- Basic understanding of accounting preferred
- Ideal: Working towards CPM/RPA courses
Commercial Property Management Software Skills Desired: Angus or ETS Work Order System, MRI and Yardi accounting software, Kardin, myCOI insurance compliance software.
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years