The Vice President of Development will be responsible for leading and overseeing multiple projects and assisting in Underwriting and evaluating new investments in partnership with the Acquisitions team. The VP must have broad knowledge of different product types and familiarity with areas such as entitlement planning, building design and construction, zoning, financial analysis, tenant occupancy, budgeting, and overall financial performance.
Vice President of Development Responsibilities:
- Conduct due diligence for potential new projects and investment opportunities.
- Lead assessment of the project’s financial and market feasibility.
- Prepare project underwriting budgets and schedules with Acquisitions team
- Process and obtain all project approvals as required by zoning, planning, building, and applicable
- permits, established industry standards, and governmental codes, rules, and regulations.
- Ensure that the design and development of plans meet approved underwriting performance goals and tenant requirements.
- Prepare scopes of work for architect, engineering, and consulting services solicit and award
- proposals and manage the required work.
- Direct architects, engineers, consultants, lenders, and legal counsel to develop plans and information to meet project schedules and requirements.
- Work with the construction team on the transition of projects from predevelopment design and permitting activities to construction, completion and delivery/turnover.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (Emphasis in Real Estate and/or B.S in Finance/Real Estate/Civil Engineering/ Building Sciences preferred but not required)
- MBA or master’s degree with applicable concentrations a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of significant experience in real estate development, land development and project management and the demonstrated ability to build and direct effective teams to manage major development projects.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of development and construction practices.
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong team orientation with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously through self-motivation,
- high energy, flexibility and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Follow-through, deductive reasoning, intellectual curiosity, and a bias for action.
- Architecture / Design
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.