Come join one of San Diego’s four S&P 500 companies, Realty Income Corporation, the Monthly Dividend Company. Realty Income attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on meritocracy and values work-life balance resonates with you, please apply today.
Our current opening is for an experienced Lease Accounting Analyst who will be responsible for providing support to the Director, Lease Administration and Rent Specialist team for timely and accurate accounting of rental and other revenue. The Lease Accounting Supervisor, Lease Administration will liaison with Finance Accounting, Property Management, Legal and Leasing as part of the support.
Specifically the Lease Accounting Analyst will be responsible for:
Revenue Application Review
- Manage revenue posting for completeness and accuracy
- Provide training and leadership to Rent Specialists for revenue posting
- Assist with reconciliations as needed
- Postings, adjustments, unpaid charges, refunds
- Review A/R Analytics Reports and coordinate with Rent Specialists on outstanding receivables, ledger corrections, collection memos
- Provide consolidated A/R Analytic for monthly meeting to discuss outstanding receivables
- Active role in implementation of additional initiatives to include CheckScan, ACH Debit, Workflow, Notifications and Collector’s Workstation
- Active role in process review and improvement to increase effectiveness and accuracy while eliminating redundancy.
- Create and maintain effective training manuals and other media to assist in the on-boarding of new personnel and to maintain consistency and best practices in Rent Specialists procedures and functions.
- Confirm rental income data input for accuracy and completeness.
- Review and approve Rent Specialist checklists
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum 3 years related work experience required
- Team leadership skills
- GL accounting knowledge required
- Real estate experience preferred
- Yardi software experience preferred
- Intermediate to advance Excel skills preferred
- Ability to take initiative and lead subordinates with minimal supervision.
- Ensures own work and work of others is complete and accurate; sets up procedures to ensure high quality and monitors
- Ability to empower others by delegating responsibilities and authority.
- Effective oral communications skills; ability to express ideas and summarize conversations.
- Can effectively handle several problems/tasks as once and function effectively under pressure.
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office products, Yardi and related software.
- Accounting / Control
2+ to 5 years