Barings is a leading global asset management firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients. We build lasting partnerships that leverage our distinctive expertise across traditional and alternative asset classes to deliver innovative, institutional-quality solutions and service.
Our team-driven culture is based on transparency, responsibility and putting our clients’ interests first. We listen to our clients to understand their needs, so that we can be a strategic advisor and long-term partner in meeting their unique investment goals. Risk management and protecting our investors’ capital over the long term is an essential component of our lasting partnerships.
Barings is also committed to building long-term relationships with our associates and providing opportunities and support to help them succeed. With our expanding business and global footprint, Barings offers a wealth of opportunities for associates who share our culture, values and commitment to excellence in client service.
As an organization, we believe that a diversity of perspectives and strengths is essential to meeting the evolving needs of our clients, and we are committed to attracting and retaining a talented workforce as diverse as the clients and communities that contribute to our success.
- Support Hotel Asset Management and Hotel Acquisitions/Development as necessary
- Develop and maintain critical monthly, quarterly and annual portfolio, asset management and acquisition information, reports and analytics.
- Interface with Information Technology as necessary to provide timely reporting and accurate Salesforce.com database tracking
- Provide financial and statistical analysis on a timely basis for third party monthly and quarterly reports.
- Work with Asset Management to produce quarterly valuations of all hotel properties in portfolio.
- Assist Portfolio Managers and Associate, Hotel Group with completing the quarterly report process, including coordination and collection of data and writing/reviewing text.
- Internal coordination with Information Technology on annual budget process as it relates to the group and the assets in the portfolio; work with Information Technology on enhancing budget template.
- Support Hotel Asset Management team with analysis of market economics, regional economy, operational feasibility, and flag/manager capabilities.
- Assist Asset Managers by reviewing key property P&L/STR information on a monthly basis.
- Assist in coordinating and setting up “war room” for all hotel dispositions; work with Asset Managers, administrators and brokers.
- Work directly on or in coordination with asset management in conducting hotel loan reviews for the core mortgage and SREI debt teams.
- Assist in underwriting and analyzing potential hotel acquisitions.
- Gather and evaluate economic, demographic, and real estate market data.
- Prepare acquisition investment briefs and related support material.
- Provide support on acquisition site visits and acquisition takeover when necessary.
- Provide support for acquisition financing.
- Review legal documents and other materials as part of the due diligence process; abstract key documents.
- Maintain hotel sales transaction database.
- Assist in preparing presentations to outside parties/clients.
Market/Research Information Collection
- Responsible for coordination of Smith Travel Research information in AssetEye (monthly, weekly & quarterly).
- Maintain Lodging Econometrics information.
- Maintain file of key industry reports and articles to ensure we are consistently up to date with most recent industry trends.
Maintain and Develop Key Portfolio models
- Quarterly Valuation Model
- Total Return Matrix
- Mock Liquidation Model
- Portfolio Cash Flow Model
- Debt Summary Model
- Fund Quarterly Report Models
Other related duties as may be assigned from day to day.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required with a major of Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting or Hotel Management. 4 year Hotel Management degree is preferred.
- 1-3 years of hospitality related work experience preferred.
- Strong IT, systems and computer skills (report development, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of financial modeling and analysis programs (ARGUS, Excel) required.
- Prior valuation, consulting, brokerage or acquisition analyst experience strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Develops strong and effective relationships with all areas across the organization
- Ability to influence others and win support on critical issues
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have strong customer service focus
- Must possess a high standard of professionalism and integrity
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet tight timelines
- Innovative; handles complexity and issues quickly
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
- Asset Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.