- Manage various aspects of the property and corporate accounting functions and team - including joint-venture accounting, property accounting, AP, AR, and Job Cost. Also responsible for Yardi and QuickBooks accounting software.
- Ensure the company maintains a complete set of accounting books and records.
- Assist in the preparation of lender debt compliance reporting requirements.
- Review and approve the weekly/monthly draw submission to property management companies and lenders.
- Analyze investment operations; accurately apply distribution allocations to forecast cash flows and returns, including complex co-invest and joint-venture structures
- Review and manage property reconciliations and related reports for monthly, quarterly and annual closing packages to partners and lenders.
- Review and manage the daily cash management functions, including accounts payable/receivable functions, vendor payments, expense reimbursements, cash collections, cash deposits, monthly bank reconciliation, bank wire transfers and petty cash.
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual construction management fees, property management fees, asset management fees and other fees.
- Review monthly loan draws.
- Oversee third party property management accounting teams.
Qualifications (but not limited to):
- Maintain a strong fiduciary responsibility to the company and Joint-Ventures.
- Demonstrate the highest ethical standards.
- College degree (BA/BA) with emphasis in Finance, Real Estate, or Business
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in order to present to and work with senior management, partners and external clients.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize workflow and deadlines, self-starter with the ability to work independently with a team player attitude, all while paying strict attention to detail.
- 5+ years working experience in evaluation and underwriting investment merits and risks associated with commercial real estate (primarily multi-family equity investment is desirable).
- Strong analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative). Strong risk assessment skills. Ability to compile, monitor, examine, and audit various financial, performance, and/or data reports for accuracy, integrity, and conformance to performance benchmarks.
- Ability to evaluate and determine property budgets, asset performance and valuations under a variety of scenarios to develop asset management strategies and provide recommendations for changes or enhancements to improve objectives.
- Strong in software applications for real estate investment analysis and accounting review including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Argus, Yardi, and the ability to quickly learn new program applications.
- Team player
- Accounting / Control
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job