ABOUT THE COMPANY:
We are a New York based investment, advisory and development firm with a retail Property Management Operation based in Palm Beach, FL. The Company focuses on the acquisition of new development opportunities, purchase of existing properties, and property management for retail properties.
The Company is seeking an experienced Property Management Controller, with retail experience, for its Palm Beach based property management subsidiary to support and oversee its expanding accounting department. The Controller will oversee the accounting operation of the Property Management Operations and report directly to the Corporate Controller in the New York headquarters. The Property Management Controller will be instrumental in further evolving the accounting records, and managing and maintaining the Property Management’s financial reporting responsibilities.
- Oversee accounting and related reporting for the Property Management Operations.
- Maintain accounting books for each individual retail property under management that conform to established company policies and procedures, client and partner requirements and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare or supervise completion of financial reviews of all transactional data and financial statements on a monthly basis.
- Assist in creating and maintaining operational budgets for each property under management.
- Perform monthly actual to budget variance analysis for each property under management.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document accounting systems, using current computing technologies.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies, including maintenance and strengthening internal controls.
- Implement continuous financial audit and control systems.
- Manage the monthly billing and collection of rents.
- Supervise accounting staff in their performance of invoice processing and vendor status.
- Interact with multi-level management, owner representatives, and investment partners and demonstrate effective interpersonal skills which include excellent written and verbal communication.
- Work on special projects, including software implementation, annual audits, regulatory documentation, and miscellaneous special reports.
- Supervise a team that includes Senior Property Accountant and Junior Accountant
- Required: Undergraduate Degree in Accounting
- Preferred: CPA and/or Advanced Degree (such as Masters) in Accounting
- 5-10 years of experience with emphasis on the following:
- Accounting (experience in retail property management)
- Experience in supervising accounting staff
- Budget creation and maintenance
- Proficiency in Word, Excel (MRI and Yardi experience would be helpful)
- Strong organization, planning and analytical skills
- Working knowledge to abstract pertinent clauses in leases, loan agreements, property management agreement and other documents
- Initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet strict deadlines consistently
- Accounting / Control
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.