CenterCal Properties is currently seeking an Operations Manager in the Portland area to oversee three shopping centers. We are an employee-centric company where people matter. CenterCal offers perks such as working from home one day per week, company paid days to volunteer in the community and an excellent compensation package.
CenterCal pays 100% of the premium for the employee for the following:
• Medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability and group term life benefit. For dependents, CenterCal contributes a stipend.
Additional benefits include:
• 401k plan - matching up to 4%
• Three weeks of accrued vacation
• Six sick days
• Company paid holidays
• Flexible spending accounts
GENERAL PURPOSE: Overall accountability for the operations and maintenance of all CenterCal assets within the Oregon area and/or other properties that may be assigned from time to time, in accordance with CenterCal Properties’ policies and standards.
SUPERVISES: Maintenance/Engineering Staff, and various contractors (general contractors, security, janitorial, landscaping, parking lot and grounds maintenance, parking management, mechanical, electrical, plumbers, roofers, and others.)
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Property Maintenance, Construction and Aesthetics
- Responsible for driving and managing all aspects of the aesthetics and operations of the properties and maintaining a consistently high customer experience, including assistance with tenant maintenance and operational issues and questions. Possess knowledge and understanding of property standards and tenant leases. Respond to tenant requests and problems in a timely and courteous manner, and log requests and complaints. Dispatch vendors to correct issues when appropriate and follow up with the tenant to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue.
- Responsible for controlling the efficient utilization of common area utilities including electricity, water, trash and gas services.
- Work with the construction team to ensure a smooth transition from construction to property management. Ensure that warranty and training documents and close out packages are delivered and reviewed by Operations. Be knowledgeable of local codes and required permits.
- Perform and delegate minor repairs as needed.
- Coordinate with Development/Construction/Tenant Services teams to insure Landlord Work and Tenant Work managed in compliance with CenterCal policies, property rules and regulations.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints and assist tenant coordination team as necessary.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with local, state and federal inspectors and permits offices.
- Ensure all property construction, repairs, upgrades and the like comply with OSHA and other governmental standards for safety. Create safety procedures and processes.
- Ensure that all employees follow established safety work procedures, take an active part in the development and implementation of the safety program, fully cooperate with the safety program and report both unsafe acts and or conditions to management.
- Communicate and assist with planning responses to City and County personnel regarding annual testing and inspections.
- Oversee and direct all functions of the maintenance department. Coordinate daily project planning and scheduling for Maintenance Technicians. Oversee the administration of employees within the Maintenance Department which includes interviews, scheduling, payroll, training/safety, and performance evaluations.
- Develop and maintain maintenance policies and procedures, preventative maintenance programs, and guidelines. Follow up on all work performance by Maintenance Department to ensure it meets standards and guidelines. Identify potential maintenance and operational issues and work towards a solution. Create and implement ongoing preventative maintenance programs and continually look for operating efficiencies.
- Oversee and manage daily operations of contract services which include Janitorial, Security, Landscaping, Snow Removal, Elevator, Escalator, Fire/Life Safety, etc. Ensure that vendors are meeting all contractual obligations and budgets. Conduct weekly meetings and property walks with vendors to ensure scope of work and CCP standards and policies are being met.
Contract and Work Order Management
- Create Requests for Proposals when applicable including negotiation of new and existing contracts and bids and oversee overall performance of contract services. Coordinate projects and contracts involving outside contractors or service providers. Must insure vendors are complying with the scope of work as outlined in the contracts.
- Upload contracts in REmaap contract platform. Track approval progress of contracts and work orders and release contractor for commencement of work upon full execution of service agreements and work orders
- Direct and administer all property-contracted services and vendor supplies. Ensure all property-wide contracts are current including service agreements and work orders, responsible contractor policies, and Certificate of Insurance compliance.
- Manage, organize and oversee on site equipment and asset inventory. Order property operations supplies and maintain an inventory of replacement parts.
- Conduct operational audits and ensure processes follow corporate policy.
- Possess and maintain excellent relationships with local and national vendors to ensure a timely and professional response when emergency or routine situations arise. Vendors would include plumbing, electrical, HVAC, fire/life safety, lighting and roofing. Follow up with contract work to ensure it meets facility standards.
- Review, code (REmaap), submit, and approve all property operations invoices as required.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Participate in the planning and implementation of annual property common area maintenance (CAM) budgets, variance and re-forecasts and ensure expenses remain within approved budgets.
- Participate in developing and managing annual capital budgets and 5- or 10-year capital plans, including timely implementation of operational capital projects within approved budget amounts.
- Responsible for managing the fire and life safety systems and programs including compliance with regulatory testing requirements.
- Participate in property strategic planning efforts.
- Computer proficiency with Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Administer all state and federal required reports, safety documentation and maintain OSHA compliance for the Center. OSHA, EPA or other regulatory training is desirable.
- Proficiency in the use of Building Engines work order system, ReMaap, Yardi, ADP, and all other company utilized tools and software programs.
- Develop, maintain and plan all training to prepare staff for all emergencies in accordance with Company Crisis Communication policies and procedures. Assess existing security plan in conjunction with Security Service provider/GM, identify public safety program needs and establish property specific action plan with measurable results.
- Review property incident reports monthly and identify and proactively address trends.
- Prepare reports and all documentation requested in a timely manner meeting set deadlines.
- Create and maintain property operations records and filing system.
- Assist marketing team with planning, logistics and set up for all property events.
- On-call 24/7 for emergencies.
- Ability to work a rotating schedule during operating hours of the project including holidays and weekends.
- Participate in rotating Manager on Duty (MOD) program.
- Promptly respond to any insurance safety inspections/audits/loss prevention surveys and implement those recommendations approved by the GM.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary based upon the department size and/or geographic location.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Minimum of five years facilities/property management, operations, engineering, construction and maintenance experience.
- Ability to self perform and supervise general maintenance, basic carpentry, electrical, HVAC, mechanical, and plumbing functions.
- Shopping center maintenance experience required.
- Experience in initial commissioning and on-going operations and maintenance of mixed use developments preferred, including retail, office, and residential uses.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and comprehend instructions. Ability to effectively present information to departmental management and tenants.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population of internal and external clients and customers, community representatives, governmental, and regulatory bodies.
- Ability to define problems, collect information and establish facts.
- Must have a valid Driver's License in the State of Oregon.
- Must have access to an automobile in good running condition and valid insurance coverage.
- Facilities Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.