The Manager will guide the home builder finance closing/construction administration and commercial construction loan administration team as needed through the workflow while following company, procedures and standards to ensure quality. The Manager will administer a portfolio of commercial construction loans; have oversight for home builder finance loan closing and construction administration process; manage the payoff and partial collateral release process; and educate and update staff on guidelines and company policies and assist with closing as needed.
- Responsible for leading a designated team of Builder Banking Closers, Loan Assistants and Construction Loan Administrators to achieve overall production and quality goals
- Administer a portfolio of commercial construction loans including processing draws
- Function as administrator for construction loan administration software
- Assists in the training of staff
- Manage closing and construction workflow to ensure timely processes
- Review of construction loan packages to include ability to mitigate risk, understand construction administration requirements for each credit, and comprehend processing/ servicing needs for each loan.
- This function will adhere to the guidelines set forth in Construction Draw Administration procedures and follow requirements and conditions stated on loan approval
- Provide quality service to internal and external clients
- Responsibility for collateral releases when applicable
- Provide reports, information, and documentation as requested for loans serviced on Precision
- Seek proper signing authority when applicable for transactions outside of loan policy and draw administration procedures. Proper approval or waivers must be present for processing outside of stated guidelines
- This position requires the ability to elevate any credit risk to proper management prior to release of funds or further processing
- Assure compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements that pertains lending functions
- College Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years' management experience in a commercial real estate environment including managing construction loan administration staff
- 5+ years' experience in the home builder finance, commercial real estate OR title industry preferred
- Extensive understanding of loan administration and funding procedures
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proven computer skills on Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, and LOS systems preferred
- Proficient math skills
- Knowledge and understanding of real estate documents which include but not limited to Construction Notes, Construction Loan Agreements, Disbursing Agreements, Construction Mortgages etc.
- Understanding of payment applications which include but are not limited to appraisals, AIA forms, contractor certifications, lien waivers, etc.
- Detail-oriented and skilled at multi-tasking
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Can work with a sense of urgency when time constraints are involve
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions
- General Management and C-Suite
- Risk Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.