Summary of Position: You will support the property management team, handling matters of considerable importance. Assist the Director of Property Management with all on-site operations and achieving property financial and operational objectives of the commercial/residential portfolio. Directly assist with overseeing property maintenance, accounts payable/receivable and assists with capital projects where needed. This position also works with the Director of Property Management to ensure that all activities are conducted in compliance with all local, state and federal, landlord/tenant and real estate laws.
- Maintain professional demeanor when dealing with tenants, vendors and Owner representatives, including maintaining positive relations with incoming calls and foot traffic, among others.
- Create spreadsheets, databases, new documents when needed.
- Assist with annual budgets, A/R reports and other financial reports when needed.
- Assist with accounts payable on escalated issues.
- May assist with marketing and advertising programs on vacancies, including vacancy tours
- May also supervise maintenance personnel and formulate work orders.
- Takes escalated service requests and works with property team to ensure adherence to customer service standards. Works with on-site staff to insure that tenant issues are dealt with in a timely manner and that proper follow-through is done.
- Address and document tenant complaints, security issues and incident reports.
- Coordinates vendor maintenance issues, Follows up on the status of vendor jobs.
- Works with Director of Property Management to hire, train and develop on-site employees according to company policy and procedure.
- Works with Director of Property Management and maintenance team to insures that suites, common areas and grounds are maintained according to property objectives.
- As required, inspects suites, common areas and property to insure adherence to property standards.
- Works with Director of Property Management to insure adherence to company safety standards, policies and procedures, and to insure that all safety inspections are completed as required and ensures adherence to company key/access control policies.
- Maintains tenant and vendor files and communicates with tenants to relay property information/notices as directed.
- May assist with preparing internal lease administration documents such as Leases.
- Shows vacant suites as necessary and explains property rules and regulations. Ensures all move-in/move-out paperwork is completed correctly and has been approved by the Property/General Manager.
- Assist Director of Property Management in monitoring and enforcing all lease terms including:
- Timely billings, Collection of rents, Insuring tenant adherence to lease requirements and obligations, Issuance of default letters, Tenant activities (i.e., construction, renovation, operations, etc.) pursuant to tenant’s obligations under the lease.
- Assists with maintaining tenant, vendor, and property files. maintain appropriate contracts, communications and filing of same including:
- Use of standard, approved company service contracts with appropriate termination rights; Proper insurance certificates; W-9s; Service contract expirations/renewals
- Obtains and reviews Tenant and Vendor insurance certificates for accuracy and effectiveness. Maintains certificate files in organized, auditable fashion including:
- Tenant COIs - Will require review of lease language for proper compliance
- Vendor COIs- Will require review of service contract for proper compliance.
- Works with office staff and accounting department to ensure all rent is collected as due and that all revenue details are posted correctly in MRI.
- Manages preparation of most tenant correspondence, including late payment notices.
- Works with legal counsel and Director of Property Management to execute unlawful detainers, defaults and 3 Day Notices as required.
- Produces monthly tenant delinquency reports and property accruals.
- Works with Director of Property Management to complete monthly financial and property activity reports.
- Works with Director of Property Management to prepare annual budgets and tenant CAM Reconciliations and invoicing.
- Assist Management with special projects and functions as needed.
- Work effectively in a cohesive team environment.
- Self-motivation, leadership, teamwork and collaboration.
- Conflict Management Resolution.
- Detailed oriented, logical, and methodical approach to problem solving, and well developed organizational skills.
- Well developed customer service skills ( B-B and B-C).
- Flexibility and ability to multitask.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to organize and execute multiple projects at once.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, especially Excel.
- Must be able to complete advanced business mathematical functions.
- 1- 2 yrs Previous experience in Commercial Property Management preferred.
- 4 yr College degree preferred; substantial experience will be considered.
- Dependable and Reliable
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job