Realty Income Corporation, The Monthly Dividend Company®, is one of San Diego’s four S&P 500 companies. Realty Income is looking for an individual who enjoys working with a team that values integrity, professionalism and work life balance. We have an opening for a Rent Specialist who will be responsible for ensuring timely collection of rental income. The Rent Specialist will provide support to Lease Administration, Asset Management, Leasing and Dispositions, Property Management and Finance/Accounting departments on rental income and collection matters.
Specifically the Rent Specialist will be responsible for:
- Responsible for ensuring timely, accurate collections of all aspects of rental income.
- Calculate rental increases based upon set percentage increase, the change in the consumer price index or increase in gross sales. Calculate percentage rent based upon reported sales.
- Appropriately bills tenants additional rental (to include late charges and interest) as needed due to tenant's delinquent payment and lease hold over status.
- Maintain accurate tenant ledger records; proper notification of changes to other department personnel.
- Review/abstract and confirm relevant lease documentation; accurately and timely input determinations or confirm other's initial data input.
- Point-of-contact for rental payments.
- Professional, effective communications with tenant for timely payment compliance and follow-up.
- Provide status updates to Leasing and Dispositions as to collections efforts.
- Clear and accurate in-house communication upon request.
- Timely completion of legal checklists; verification of rental amounts for property dispositions; provide relevant input for property releases. Timely collection and accurate input of tenant's financial statements to accurately calculate percentage rent. Timely completion of audited monthly administration checklists.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from four-year college or university is preferred.
- Zero to two years work experience.
- Ability to identify information to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate, multiple sources and use skillful questioning to abstract the information. Notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information.
- Carefully weighs the job responsibility priorities. Can function effectively under pressure.
- Excellent attention-to-detail skills; ability to monitor own work and work of others for completeness and accuracy; ability to organize information and materials for others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation abilities, including the ability to communicate complex ideas to large groups and management.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain positive, working relationships.
- Excellent PC skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and Yardi.
- Portfolio Management
1+ to 2 years