About the Team
Our CMBS legal team works with other ratings analysts by evaluating potential credit risks in transaction and loan structures. By assessing legal documentation, our primary focus is on identifying and communicating legal issues and any related structural mitigants on a securitization, loan, and property level for internal assessment and inclusion in presale reports when applicable. We pride ourselves on the quality, accuracy, timeliness and consistency of our product.
About the Job
You will work within KBRA’s Real Estate Finance team on the preparation of presale reports and evaluation of transactions, including: assessing potential credit risks in transactions by reviewing offering documents, loan documents, and asset summaries to identify and evaluate issues. You will be responsible for drafting legal riders for asset investment memoranda and preparing transaction overviews for publication in presale reports. As an attorney in our CMBS group, you will be reviewing securitization-related documents including representations and warranties and exceptions, intercreditors, and co-lenders and opining on whether such documents are consistent with current market standards. The role also includes contributing to research projects on timely issues impacting KBRA’s Real Estate Finance platform, which include preparing short articles for potential publication, and conducting brief training sessions for the broader analytical group. You will also assist KBRA’s CMBS Surveillance group with Rating Agency Confirmation (RAC) requests. This will involve having you review RAC requests (defeasances and assumptions) and related loan documents and servicing agreements, in addition to coordinating with outside counsel and surveillance analysts.
About You You will be extremely motivated, able to effectively multi-task and work independently, as well as with other members of the Real Estate Finance team, on the types of matters described above.
In order to be successful in this role, you must have:
- Law school Class of 2009 to 2012 with at least 5 years of experience focused on CRE securitization and/or MBS.
- JD and admission to the New York bar
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent research, analytical and organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as to collaborate with others in a collegial environment
- Skilled at working on multiple transactions simultaneously in an organized fashion and able to meet deadlines
This job is no longer active.