Aimco is seeking a Real Estate Acquisitions Associate. The Real Estate Acquisitions Associate – West is responsible for organizing and screening our acquisitions pipeline, preparing financial valuations and investment analysis, and contributing to due diligence and investment committee memorandum related to multifamily acquisitions throughout the Western US. The Associate will report to the Vice President Transactions – West.
Duties of the Associate would include:
- Managing the acquisitions pipeline report
- Reviewing and screening acquisitions opportunities
- Evaluating and underwriting investment opportunities in collaboration with operations, finance, redevelopment, and other team members
- Preparing financial projections and maintaining ownership of the model
- Researching and evaluating market fundamentals, including potential new markets, in collaboration with other stakeholders
- Assisting in preparing investment committee presentations
- Assisting in the due diligence process
- Assisting in the acquisition closing process
- Assisting in reporting and monitoring of acquisition performance
- Helping to develop asset level business plans, monitoring business plan performance, and proactively working to maximize value
Applicant must demonstrate a strong understanding of real estate fundamentals with at least three years of prior experience. The candidate should have strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to present analysis in a clear and concise manner. The candidate must be a self-starter with a strong desire to work and contribute within an entrepreneurial work environment.
Specific requirements include:
- 3-7 years’ experience working in the real estate industry in an acquisition/development, investment sales, investment banking, valuation or structured finance role; multifamily experience preferred but not required
- Experience building and operating complex real estate financial models
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong desire to grow a career in real estate
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, as well as excellent time management skills
- Take-ownership mentality while being a collaborative team player
- Excellent communication skills
- MBA or Masters in Real Estate preferred but not required
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.