Reliant Group Management
Construction Project Manager
Reliant Group Management is a San Francisco based real estate development firm with a nationwide presence. We specialize in acquiring and developing high quality multifamily assets, with a focus on affordable housing, utilizing creative financing methods, including low income housing tax credits and tax-exempt housing revenue bonds. We re position and/or restructure existing multifamily rental properties in order to create value and improve the lives of our tenant base through a service enriched housing platform. We are also engaged in developing new market rate, Class A multifamily communities in the western United States.
We are currently investing our ninth fully discretionary equity fund focused on acquiring, developing, and operating both affordable and market rate multifamily rental properties located in major western, southwestern and southern U.S. markets. The Reliant Group has acquired over $2 billion of debt and equity in a variety of real estate transactions since the firm was founded in 1993. We have acquired over 15, 000 units of multifamily housing at a price in excess of $1 billion in the last decade alone. The current portfolio consists of 65 communities with more than 10, 000 units nationwide. The investment strategy of Reliant Group Management is centered on the premise that scarce, but powerful stimulants to value creation reside with motivated people, original ideas and exacting execution.
The Project Manager will be an important member of the construction management team with exposure to all facets of multifamily development and renovation. The Project Manager oversees new construction projects and rehabilitation's of existing apartment communities, interacting between the corporate office, the field, project ownership, contractors, lenders, architects and engineers. In addition, the Project Manager will ensure that the project moves forward in a timely, cost effective manner, makes changes and adjustments, and completes the final inspections and reports for the project. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in Construction and/or Architecture, will be enthusiastic, motivated and a self-starter.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Work closely with the Director of Construction in managing all phases of construction projects, including but not limited to: transitioning projects from acquisition team to construction team, project kick-off, design, scheduling, budgeting, and managing architects, contractors, and other consultants.
• Manage all construction costs and track against budget and contracts.
• Distribute and track construction plans.
• Prepare bid packages, solicit, and evaluate bids.
• Review and analyze of proposed change orders.
• Prepare and submit lender draw requests and track funding under loan terms.
• Prepare Monthly Progress Reports/Presentation to Senior Management.
• Track and distribute change orders.
• Manage insurance certificates, lien waivers and accounting processes.
• Close and reconcile contract accounts.
• Maintain project files.
• Review preliminary and final plans for new projects.
• Coordinate with architects and contractors to develop scope, specification, and budget for major rehabilitation projects.
• Prepare and update project schedules.
• Responsible for quality control.
• Manage day-to-day operational aspects of project and scope.
• Assist acquisition team with due diligence exercise when needed.
• Work closely with design team to ensure that the design intent carries throughout the project.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Extensive experience in Construction.
• Strong Communication and organization skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Critical thinker with strong attention to detail.
• Exceptional knowledge of excel and spread sheet development.
• Knowledge with Microsoft Project, Project Management, a plus.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment.
• Ability to prioritize duties accordingly.
• General office and accounting skills.
• Must understand plans and specifications.
• Basic understanding of all trades.
• Must demonstrate initiative, professionalism, integrity, high motivation and ability to learn new skills quickly.
• Ability to work both independently and build consensus as part of a team.
• Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills.
• Some measure of travel away from home should be expected.
• Minimum of five years of experience in construction projects.
• Bachelor/Master’s degree in construction management, construction/building science, engineering, business management or architecture and design preferred.
• Experience in real estate finance and accounting is a plus.
Apply for this job