Seeking Accounting Manager (head of tax) who will report into the Chief Financial Officer of a $4B Private Equity firm. This individual will interact regularly with the accounting and finance team, along with the investment/portfolio management teams. S/he will check senior leadership on a regular basis to update on new tax legislation and tax strategies, related to US and European Jurisdictions and practical implications to Firm’s day to day business.
The accounting manager will be responsible for the management and oversight of all tax activities to ensure compliance with Global, Federal, State and Local Reporting requirements, as well as coordination of investment and investor structuring.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Management/Coordination of annual/periodic federal, state, and local tax compliance activities for the Company's investment portfolio and Management Companies. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: Review of internally-prepared tax packages and related documentation to be disseminated to external preparers, coordination with external preparers regarding the timely and accurate delivery of returns, delivery of member K-1s, and ultimate reconciliation of such activities with corporate and asset-level financials.
- Coordinate and facilitate review of new investment structures in both the U.S. and Europe and work closely with investment professionals on tax due diligence, including engagement with accounting firms and tax counsel.
- Pro-actively coordinate investor on-boarding tax strategies, including fund and blocker formation, specific to U.S. and FIRPTA sensitive international investors.
- Coordination and development of tax leakage models, in conjunction with review by third party advisors
- Development and maintenance of corporate tax saving strategies
- While it is not the expectation of this role to directly prepare federal and state tax returns, it is the expectation that this role will help facilitate the completion of certain regulatory filings at the state and local levels and other jurisdictions as necessary.
- Serve as a technical resource regarding the tax implications of investment and operational decisions affecting both corporate and asset-level entities.
- Work with internal personnel and external service providers to facilitate entity management and maintenance activities across the portfolio.
- Manage certain ancillary tax functions of the organization with the assistance of external service providers.
- At least 7 to 10 years of progressive experience with a preferred focus on real estate/private equity and partnerships.
- With specific regard to real estate investments, strong technical knowledge of tax deferral strategies, entity structuring, and equity transactions, within the scope of private equity Funds and managed vehicles
- Ability to develop and clearly articulate tax strategies affecting both real estate and private equity investments.
- Active CPA Required.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting and/or Taxation preferred.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team player who can positively and productively add product impact to both strategic and tactical aspects of tax structuring within the deal acquisition and disposition process.
A compensation package commensurate with experience and will be offered to the successful candidate. Package will include salary, bonus and benefits.
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.