Celebrating 150 years of service in 2018, Pacific Life offers life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products and services, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success, and we pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative, and results-oriented. With a powerful past and a strong future, Pacific Life offers an environment where you’re empowered to achieve your personal best. In return, we look to your passion and insight to help us grow. For additional company information, including current financial strength ratings, visit . To explore the heritage of Pacific Life and learn more about our history, visit .
The Sr. Real Estate analyst role will provide loan production and underwriting support the Midwest/East Coast Region located in Oak Park, IL. This role can be located in Oak Park or in the home office in Newport Beach, CA. This role will require 10-20% travel throughout the Mid-West and East Coast.
* Assist in all aspects of financing due-diligence, including preparation of loan underwriting packages, particularly compile and analyze spreadsheets, provide market research, sponsor and financial statement review, and presentation assistance. Become thoroughly proficient in the review and analysis of a variety of real estate related documents, like ownership agreements, leases, appraisals, and management agreements.
* Gain a working knowledge of the department's debt investment policy and procedures.
* Master spreadsheet and ARGUS modeling skills.
* Market Research – Analyze economic and demographic data, evaluate real estate markets and obtain and appraise market comparables.
* Review & Valuation - Review and analyze leases, documents, financial statements, ownership agreements, appraisals etc. for conformity to required standards and compliance with approved underwriting strategies. Assists in the value estimate of properties encumbered as loan security, including preparing cash flow estimates, verifying comparable information and preparing real estate tax estimates.
* Loan Submissions – Assist the loan producer in the preparation of loan submission documentation including economic analysis, financial modeling, demographic, tax and market data, detailed narratives on the transaction including, but not limited to, the property, market characteristics, borrower structure and financial strength, as well as the competitive position of the property all for conclusive presentation to home office real estate committee. Assist in the collection and analysis of all necessary documents and information critical to the loan underwriting and closing process.
* Risk Assessment and Structuring – Assist the loan producer in evaluating risk issues, underwriting, designing the loan structure, pricing of and the execution of the loan transaction. Performs due diligence to verify the information provided by the borrower/mortgage banker and contained in the loan application (which reflects the approved terms).
* Coordination – Assist in the collection and analysis of all necessary documents and information critical to the loan underwriting and closing process.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
* College degree (BA/BS) with emphasis in Finance, Accounting, or Economics (Master’s degree - Real Estate or MBA - strongly preferred).
* Working experience in evaluation and underwriting of investment risks associated with commercial real estate is desirable; mortgage origination experience preferred.
* Proficiency in software applications for real estate investment analysis including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Argus, and the ability to quickly learn new program applications.
* Exceptional math and analytical skills.
* Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
* Expertise in the drafting and use of financial formulas in complex financial spreadsheets, as well as the use of a financial calculator
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: * Competitive salary and bonus program * Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees * Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) * Generous vacation time and holiday pay * And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
- Investment Management
- Property Management
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.