Black Creek Group is a multi-disciplined real estate investment management firm with approximately $9 BN in AUM that has bought or built approximately $18 billion of investments over its 25-year history. The company manages diverse investments across the spectrum of commercial real estate – including office, industrial, retail and multifamily. The company has nine offices across North America with more than 300 professionals. Black Creek Group offers a range of investment solutions for both institutional and wealth management channels. More information is available at .
Reporting directly to the Chief Investment Officer of our flagship diversified property fund, this VP will be responsible for leading the firm’s investment activities in the multifamily sector. Responsibilities will include taking a leading role in designing investment strategy, building industry relationships and firm presence in the sector, sourcing, underwriting, and closing assets in the multi-family space. This is a highly visible role with the opportunity to make a lasting footprint in the multi-family space and build out a team. The VP will need to work successfully with owners and brokers as well as cross-functionally with both our asset management and due diligence teams to drive deals to close. Key areas of focus include:
• New business sourcing: working with owners/operators, brokers, and developers on sourcing new transactions. The substantial allocation of this position’s responsibilities will include originating, evaluating and closing investment opportunities for wholly-owned multi-family properties. Expected focus will be on income generating assets but may include value-add, joint ventures, preferred equity and other investment structures. Solid penetration of the markets and contacts that provide these types of properties will be required.
• Preparation and review of detailed memos used to evaluate investment opportunities. This includes preparation and delivery of presentations to the investment committee and Board of Directors.
• Developing business plans for new acquisitions and playing an interim asset management role until portfolio is built to scale
• Cultivating and maintaining relationships with potential sellers, the commercial real estate brokerage community, and operating partners.
• Underwriting property cash flows, market rents, property operations, etc.
• Organizing the multi-family acquisition pipeline to include property tracking and filtering of potential opportunities.
• Coordinating complex due diligence, analysis and closing of acquisition targets in partnership with our due diligence team.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• 7+ years’ progressive experience in multifamily real estate acquisitions, dispositions, or development, including strong financial analysis experience of potential acquisition targets, deep industry relationships and expansive market knowledge Proficiency in Excel; excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Strong analytic skills, including real estate operations, pro-forma, and budget formulation.
• Familiarity with pertinent real estate transactional documents and processes (PSA, loan docs, JV etc.).
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills; ability to work independently and take strong initiative.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree (MBA) highly preferred
• Ability to travel 50-75% domestically
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job