Mack Real Estate Group (MREG) is an integrated real estate investor, developer, owner, operator and lender devoted to managing institutional, high net worth, and Mack family capital by making debt and equity investments in real estate and real estate-related securities through several distinct business lines. MREG was founded in 2013 by William, Richard and Stephen Mack and is currently focused on multi-family development in high barrier to entry, major US urban markets. In 2014, MREG’s founding principals joined with Peter Sotoloff to launch Mack Real Estate Credit Strategies, L.P., a commercial real estate lending and debt investment platform. Collectively, the firm’s principals have decades of global real estate experience and have raised and invested billions of dollars of equity capital in debt and equity real estate transactions including through their involvement with AREA Property Partners f/k/a Apollo Real Estate Advisers, which William Mack founded in 1993 and Mack-Cali Realty Corporation, which was created in 1997 through a merger with The Mack Company. MREG is headquartered in New York City with affiliated development offices in Los Angeles and Seattle.
With approximately 240 professionals at its parent and controlled subsidiaries, MREG directly owns or manages approximately 20 million square feet of real estate and has partnership interests in entities that control an additional 60 million square feet. While the company is opportunistic and maintains a flexible approach to real estate investment, the current equity investment focus is on urban multifamily development in high barrier to entry, major US urban markets. MREG currently has approximately 5,000 units under various stages of development.
MREG is a commonly controlled affiliate of Winthrop Management, a real estate management company that provides comprehensive property management and construction management services. Winthrop currently manages over 5,000 rental units and six million commercial square feet on behalf of Mack Real Estate Group, Ares Management, Winthrop Realty Trust, and other third parties.
MRECS is currently seeking to hire a highly qualified Accounting Manager/Assistant Controller to assist with the Management Company accounting and reporting. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, resourceful, has strong verbal/written communication skills, and will have the ability to interact comfortably with individuals at all levels.
Accounting, Reporting, Forecasting
- Prepare the books and records for several Management Company vehicles.
- Oversee the annual audit of each Management Company where an audit is required
- Track, manage and report on ownership interests, incentive interests and restricted share interests for various entities and individuals
- Coordinate with HR on communication of “all in compensation” reflecting such interests
- Coordinate annual budgets/forecasts for management company entities, and report on variables against such budget forecasts
- Coordinate and review tax returns and incentive allocations with outside tax service provider
- Prepare communications to management and participating employees
- Monitor and report cash projection for upcoming cash needs
- Initiate wire transfers
- Review and track expenses
- 3-5 years’ experience; Public experience and other advanced degrees or certifications (MBA, CPA, etc.) a plus
- Accounting/finance/treasury background
- Industry: Real Estate, Private Equity and Real Estate Debt
- Knowledge of and/or background in:
- Investment Management Companies and Investment Vehicles such as REITS, Private Equity Funds, & Securities Funds
- Private Equity carried interest mechanics, profit/loss allocation
- Treasury Operations
- Strong MS Excel financial modeling skills including knowledge of carried interest waterfalls
- Ability to:
- Multi-task and meet deadlines effectively
- Communicate clearly, professionally and concisely
- Work well in a highly dynamic environment
- Exercise excellent judgment and discretion
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged information
- Other Qualities:
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Great attitude and flexible when required
- Bachelor degree required, preferably with a concentration in Finance.
- Accounting / Control
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job