NorthMarq Capital is seeking an Investment Analyst to support the St. Louis Production staff. We provide capital solutions for owners of commercial real estate, with more than 37 regional offices coast-to-coast. NorthMarq Capital is one of the largest commercial real estate mortgage banking firms worldwide. We continually establish new standards of excellence in serving a nationwide client base while focusing on the importance of relationships and service.
**All Candidates interested must apply online to be considered
**All inquiries about this position, please contact Maria Sather in HR NorthMarq Capital
- Organization – Responsible for providing support to the St. Louis office through underwriting, loan request/investment report packaging, due diligence, closing, servicing and various support functions.
- Planning – Plans and schedules own workload to best utilize time and most efficiently provide commercial real estate research, analysis, packaging, and loan closing services.
- Underwriting – Prepares underwriting of commercial real estate properties based on historical financial statements, projections, and market standards to determine a projected income, value and loan amount.
- Packaging - Prepares investment reports in compliance with company guidelines and investor requirements. These reports include analysis of the borrower, property, underwriting, valuation, location, market, leases/rent roll, photographs, aerials, maps, etc.
- Market Research – Gathers site, neighborhood, and city data including demographics, sales and rent comparables, absorption surveys and occupancy studies.
- Closing – Provides loan closing coordination including collecting due diligence items, ordering third party reports, coordinating with all parties including borrowers, lenders and legal counsels, and acting as liaison with the servicing department.
- Servicing – Performs regional office servicing functions including annual inspections, investor portfolio analysis, lease reviews/briefs, and normal routine regional office servicing duties through local market knowledge.
- Customer Service – Responsible for providing investors and borrowers with prompt quality service in a friendly and professional manner.
- Office Administration – Performs office administration including support for all office functions as needed including marketing initiatives.
- Four-year college degree, preferably with major in real estate, finance or business administration.
- Three to Five years’ experience in a related field required, Commercial Real Estate experience preferred
- Demonstrated analytical skills and underwriting related experience, preferably with all commercial property types.
- Strong computer knowledge and skills including in-depth expert knowledge of all Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and experience in software in relation to real estate.Knowledge of ARGUS software a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task while under-pressure.
- Customer service oriented.
Demonstrated Interpersonal and Professional Competencies:
- Ability to motivate others and provide positive direction when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated work ethic and willingness to work extended hours when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments; able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills to reflect level of responsibilities
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to maintain positive attitude in all situations
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years