Sands Investment Group (SIG), one of the nation's fastest growing commercial real estate brokerage firms, is seeking a seasoned all-star candidate to become the Managing Director of the corporate headquarters based in Charleston, SC.
The Managing Director will be responsible for recruiting, hiring, coaching, and retaining commercial brokers with the objective of increasing the overall production and profitability of the office. This role will also manage the day-to-day sales operations of the office related to brokerage activity. The successful candidate will be a proven leader with a track record of building and managing high performance commercial real estate sales teams through passionate leadership and a winning attitude.
Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Mentor both new and seasoned brokers in revenue generation and sales strategies, which may include the following:
- Set individual and team sales goals both annually and during 6-week sales “sprints” and enforce accountability measures
- Demonstrate availability and an active presence in the office to oversee day-to-day activities and performance of brokers
- Coach and interact with brokers to help them build sales skills and scripts and increase conversion rates and production
- Host daily and weekly team meetings with brokers to review pipeline reports
- Actively hire brokers in accordance with annual hiring goals
- Demonstrate and promote SIG’s unique culture by fostering team camaraderie and collaboration
- Interface with SIG Management to ensure goals for office and production are being met
- Remain apprised of industry, market and company changes and disseminate information to brokers
Successful candidates will have:
- Minimum of 5+ years sales management experience required in Commercial Real Estate Brokerage; experience in Investment Sales preferred
- Direct experience in recruiting, hiring, training, managing and retaining a sales team of brokers from entry-level juniors to senior producers
- Proven track record of success in leading individual brokers and teams to increased growth and production; successful candidate is energized at the prospect of helping brokers reach full potential
- Leads by example in being the first in and last out of the office
- Excellent people management skills, collaborative work style, and commitment to getting the job done
- Effective, inspirational and motivational communication style, excellent verbal skills, and ability to view situations from multiple perspectives
- Proficiency in technology (Microsoft Excel, Google Apps, and Salesforce), learning new platforms and programs, and implementing systems and processes
Let’s be honest. A handful of firms are on your consideration list. That’s ok. We know that ours is special. Our company was founded on cultivating an environment of collaboration, integrity and always doing the right thing. We even have some fun while we’re at it.
Sands Investment Group is a commercial real estate brokerage firm that specializes in the buying and selling of net lease properties for private investors and institutions across the United States. Since its founding in 2010, SIG has closed over 1,500 transactions worth more than $3.5B in 48 states. Brokers with the company currently have over $600M in active inventory. As a leader in the industry and the first to offer true sub-product type specialization, the firm’s experience in net lease, retail, office and industrial transactions is unparalleled. Sands Investment Group has offices in Santa Monica, CA, Charleston, SC, Atlanta, GA, and Austin, TX.
- Brokerage / Sales
- General Management and C-Suite
5+ to 7 years