Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The Associate Director position will be responsible for direct oversight of all aspects of asset management for a broad portfolio of high quality multifamily assets in the Central Region. As a member of the multifamily asset management team, the Associate Director is tasked with driving outperformance for their assets under management, working with the Senior Director on more complex investments, and ultimately serving as the multifamily expert in the region. The role is intended to provide the opportunity for talented and motivated individuals to further develop their experience and judgment to advance to a more senior level asset manager competency.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Drive investment strategy, value creation and outperformance through direct oversight of property operations, leasing and capital deployment
- Measure and monitor asset performance against a variety of benchmarks including; client objectives, pro-forma metrics, budget and market comparables
- Perform regular market visits and property inspections for assigned assets; travel required
- Work collaboratively with JV partners and service providers while best serving Invesco?s interests
- Actively engage in the appraisal and internal valuation process to ensure accurate results
- Develop, review and implement annual business plans
- Perform acquisition due diligence in collaboration with acquisitions, underwriting and engineering
- Assess prospective commercial tenants? businesses and credit worthiness, and recommend leases for execution in mixed-use investments
- Develop and maintain knowledge regarding capital markets activity in the region
- Provide ongoing feedback to Portfolio Management on market dynamics and asset performance
- Review and approve required client reports in final form
- Develop and foster productive working relationships with property management companies, brokers and industry peers
- Establish credibility both internally and externally as Invesco?s regional multifamily asset management expert
- Serve as an active contributing member of the national multifamily team, sharing best practices and shaping platform initiatives
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on commercial real estate experience preferred in one or more of the following disciplines: Asset Management, Acquisitions, Underwriting, Appraisal, Financial Analysis or Property Management
- Experience and passion for working with institutional quality multifamily investments
- Broad understanding of the operational and investment fundamentals of institutional real estate
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- High proficiency with Excel and Word Results oriented
- Natural curiosity
- Creative / innovative
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Undergraduate degree is required; advanced degree a plus
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
- Asset Management
This job is no longer active.