Bedrock Property Management LLC (“Bedrock”) is a property management firm with offices in New York City and Tampa Florida, that focuses on the manufactured housing industry. Currently, Bedrock manages approximately 1,700 pads in central Florida which are owned by Bedrock Communities, an affiliated real estate private equity firm. Bedrock Communities has raised approximately $70,000,000 in equity commitments, across two funds, to invest in the manufactured housing sector.
Bedrock is seeking a detail oriented, hands-on, Accounting Manager/Controller. This role will report directly to senior management of the company and be responsible for all aspects of accounting. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to be a part of a dynamic and growing company. This role can be located in either Tampa or New York City.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Given the entrepreneurial nature of the firm, the position requires that the candidate work in a variety of capacities. The primary role will be to manage the cash flow between accounts, handle day-to-day entries, preparation of balance sheets and income statements and assist in review once complete.
Responsibilities will include:
- Cash management including funding and ongoing maintenance of common cash account, reserves and escrows
- Perform all month-end close procedures for property management company
- Assist in preparation of financial reports for internal and external use
- Preparation and analysis of property cash flows
- Manage Accounts Payable process
- Timely, accurate bank reconciliations
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Manage all intercompany payables and receivables
- Assist in budget preparation
- Generate schedules and ad hoc financial reports
- Other financial and operating projects as needed
Applicant must demonstrate a strong understanding of real estate accounting fundamentals with at least four years of prior experience in real estate accounting. The candidate must be a self-starter with a strong desire to work hard and contribute in a small entrepreneurial work environment.
Specific requirements include:
- B.S. Accounting with 4-7 years’ experience in property accounting
- Demonstrated knowledge of real estate accounting practices and procedures
- Solid understanding of US GAAP, internal controls, managing close and reporting processes
- Proficiency with Excel, QuickBooks and Property Management Accounting Software
- Highly organized with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to preserve confidentiality of information
- Team player with strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, multi-task and work in a lean group while also being able to work collaboratively across departments
As a full-time employee, benefits include medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurances, and PTO bank.
- Accounting / Control
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.