The Commercial Real Estate Asset Manager’s primary purpose is to manage portfolio of clients in collaboration with Relationship Managers/Market Leads. In addition to partnering with the RM/ML’s, s/he will work closely with the Group Portfolio Manager, Credit Risk and Services teams.
The Asset Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following activities.
Primary responsibility for this position will be to actively manage the assigned loan portfolio, including ongoing analysis of projects to ensure business plans are being executed in line with expectations.
- Serve as Client’s primary internal resource as it relates to asset management
- Collaborate with RM/MLs to maintain and grow client relationships. Seek to become trusted advisor through regular client contact and relationship building
- Interact with other team members (Group Portfolio Manager, Market Lead and Credit) to achieve ultimate approval for renewals and modifications to existing business
- Ensure consistency across the portfolio in deal structuring to bridge client needs to appropriate risk mitigation through detailed analysis and underwriting of credit
- Present renewals and annual reviews at Loan Committee and any necessary pre-meetings
- Conduct annual site visits and work to gain market expertise in locations where the bank has exposure
- Complete necessary analysis and documentation to achieve credit actions related to AM’s existing portfolio (e.g., structure, waivers, and modifications)
- Complete portfolio responsibilities including portfolio reviews, renewals, reporting in a timely manner (quarterly and annually), 5RR, Shared National Credit, CAMP, etc for credits in his/her portfolio. Serve as resource for Group Portfolio Manager in preparation for portfolio review meetings and actively communicate knowledge of the risk points within portfolio
- Responsible and accountable for the risk rating accuracy and risk identification on assigned portfolio
- Actively keep informed of changes to policy and procedure that will impact portfolio (credit policy, risk rating framework, regulatory, compliance requirements)
- Be informed of relationship activity as deals progress through the underwriting and closing process
- Identify product/service opportunities for other business units and participates in development of creative solutions to client needs, coordinates presentations, and brings in partners when appropriate
- Maintain active in industry events to maintain current market knowledge and client relationships
- Mentor Commercial Loan Associates, Credit Analysts, and Client Banking Specialists
- Min. 2-3 years in banking
- Ability to produce an LP independently
- Master loan structuring to effectively mitigate risk
- Completion of formal Credit Training
- College Degree / Business, Finance, Accounting, Real Estate, Economics preferred
- Ability to foster and maintain commercial relationships with high level of competency
- Ability to identify risk within credit requests
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with advanced knowledge financial analysis and modeling
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.