Arrowroot Real Estate is an investment group that owns and operates value add multifamily property in strategically targeted submarkets across the United States. The Arrowroot Real Estate strategy revolves around a design driven renovation thesis which allows us to maximize rental revenue where other operators come up short. Our management team has a proven track record in their ability to source opportunities, negotiate favorable acquisition terms, and efficiently execute on large scale improvements, thereby creating substantial value for investors.
TO BE THE LEADING VALUE-ADD MULTIFAMILY INVESTMENT GROUP IN EACH OF OUR FOCUS MARKETS AND ALWAYS EXCEED OUR CLIENT’S EXPECTATIONS.
The Controller assumes responsibility over all accounting, compliance and corporate back office at Arrowroot Real Estate.
As Controller you take on the responsibility of ensuring Arrowroot Real Estate maximizes the efficiency of accounting related aspects of the Company. This position reports directly to the Principals in the firm.
Controller Responsibilities & Duties:
- Prepare budgets and financial forecasts.
- Review / approve monthly financial statements.
- Review / approve capital calls / distribution.
- Ensure timely reporting for Company and portfolio companies.
- Complete quarterly unrealized gain calculations on investments.
- Attend weekly calls with executive team.
- Point of contact for all documents requiring execution.
- Point of contact for all communication with third party fund administrator.
- Ensure corporate compliance and reporting for all entities.
- Review of construction project set up, budget revisions and budget to actual.
- Help prepare the monthly construction supporting schedules and lender draw requests.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Point person for investor financial and tax related questions and document management.
- Reconcile monthly expenditures and ensure proper bill back to appropriate subsidiary entities.
- Analyze cash flow, cost controls and expenses and effectively communicate to other management to identify areas for improvement/action.
- Track list of lenders and special requests and ensure required documents are accurate and provided timely.
- Review insurance program and ensure proper coverage for property and corporate entities. Develop detailed understanding of all aspects of insurance our entities require (errors and omissions, directors and officers, liability, property, etc.). Network and develop relationships with representatives to ensure we obtain best in market pricing at all times.
- Most importantly, improve current processes and procedures and create new ones as necessary.
- Strong analytic skills and an excellent working knowledge or mastery of Microsoft Excel, including the ability to create, modify, and analyze financial models and calculate investment returns.
- Ability to efficiently manage time, produce high quality work under deadline pressures, and successfully prioritize and simultaneously manage a heavy workload.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and contribute to organization’s goals and growth.
- Excellent attention to detail and high standard for accuracy.
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Related Field. MBA preferred
Training & Experience:
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- 5 years of accounting management experience preferred.
- 5 years of fund accounting experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of commercial real estate preferred.
- Understanding of Fund-level agreements and similar legal documents.
- MS Excel – expert level required.
- MS Word – intermediate level required.
- Accounting / Control
- Alternative Investments
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.