Aegon Asset Management is a global investment firm with employees located in North America, Europe and Asia. Investment offerings for Aegon Asset Management US and Aegon Real Assets US include credit strategies, global equity, multi-asset and real asset strategies, and customized investment solutions. The firm serves a diverse global client base that includes corporate, union and public pensions, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, subadvisory, family offices and wealth managers. We are committed to excellence, trust and building long-term partnerships with clients.
Aegon RA’s Special Servicing team is responsible for managing conventional sub-performing and non-performing loan workout and foreclosure activities, along with a wide range of non-monetary loan level and collateral level issues. Activities include: restructures, modifications, forbearances, transfers of ownership interests, releases and substitutions of collateral, condemnation/eminent domain proceedings, casualty events, and key lease events, among other things. This work is performed on behalf of affiliate clients, nonaffiliate clients, and CMBS assignments.
- Analyze troubled loans, and develop and implement strategies for resolution of clients’ largest and most complex assets in adherence with the servicing standard intent on maximizing the return on investment for the client or certificate holders
- Provide direction, oversight and support to the analysis, risk assessment, underwriting decisions, structure and resolution strategies developed by the Special Servicing team
- Keep abreast of relevant issues relating to team, markets, commercial real estate (CRE) trends, CRE legal issues and enforcement options
- Strive to meet the evolving needs of clients
- Focus on the generation of fee income while maximizing client objectives
- Provide leadership, development and mentoring to Special Servicing team
- Maintain policies and procedures regarding the loan workout process
- Develop and deploy marketing strategy of Special Servicing platform for growth of CMBS Special Servicing assignments
- Evaluate and determine acceptance of CMBS Special Servicing assignments, as well as review and negotiate terms of Servicing Agreements (PSAs or TSAs)
- Provide input to the Department Head in setting strategic goals for the department and individual team members
- Proactively communicate any issues that materially impact portfolio or asset-level risk or relationships with clients
- Prepare and deliver periodic and ad-hoc presentations to senior management, clients and rating agencies
- Coordinate with IT to maintain the appropriate systems/infrastructure to support the management of loans and assignments under the responsibility of the Special Servicing team
- Provide leadership as a role model, as an idea generator and by striving to follow Aegon’s core values – Working Together, Bringing Clarity and Exceeding Expectations. Aegon continually strives to meet the evolving needs of its customers, shareholders, employees and business partners
- Bachelor’s degree in a business field, preferably in real estate finance, finance, or accounting
- Ten years of progressive experience constructing mortgage loans
Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills, and effective leadership and management skills. Strong organizational skills, decision making ability and attention to detail are required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products.
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.