Below are the highlights of the position:
- Upon identification of land acquisition opportunity, the Development Associate will prepare market summary and work with underwriting team to complete a financial model, market comps for land, rents and operating expenses
- Assist SVP - Development (“SVP”) with all tasks related to Investment Committee presentations including supply/demand studies, pipeline and entitlements
- Assist SVP and development team in the completion of Due Diligence required for land acquisition for new development. Responsible for engaging consultants and maintaining a Due Diligence Checklist and timeline consistent with contract deadlines.
- Assist in preparation and update of project schedules, related predevelopment budgets and spending allocation, land contract through land closing. Communication of all changes to schedules and budgets to SVP and Development Team.
- During Feasibility Period, assist with entitlements process and construction cost updates,.
- Assist SVP in all facets of project management including scheduling/monitoring of all third-party consultant activities
- Coordinate with underwriting team to updated financial model as to changes in assumptions which would affect project feasibility
- Coordinate internal meetings with legal, construction, marketing, consultants and development staff to establish and monitor all timetables and assignments
- Prepare closing checklist and review with all in-house departmental members, especially legal and accounting.
- Coordinate project closing with all project consultants, lender, seller, title company, and internal constituents
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, or Architectural, preferred, not required
- 4-5 years of experience in real estate activities, especially project management and underwing
- Land Acquisition experience and consultant selection experience
- Proactive, with strong organizational, interpersonal skills
- Ability to write clearly and communicate effectively
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Solid organizational, research and analytical skills
- Adept in MS office suite, including Excel, Word and Power Point
- Exceptional work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Accounting / Control
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.