POSITION TITLE: Senior Real Property Agent
Exam Number No. M2059F-R
FIRST DAY OF FILING
Applications will be accepted starting Tuesday, March 26, 2019, 8:00 A.M. (PT)
The first review of applications will take place on April 9, 2019.
The examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met and is subject to closure without prior notice.
Supervises the activities of a group of real property agents engaged in negotiations and transactions related to the acquisition and management of real property.
Positions allocable to this class work under the administrative and technical supervision of a Principal Real Property Agent or higher level supervisor. Positions are responsible for providing first level administrative and technical supervision to a group of real property agents engaged in performing real property negotiations, transactions, and management. Incumbents must utilize a thorough knowledge of real estate principles and laws in order to supervise negotiations for a wide range of real property transactions, including complex leases and analysis and interpretation of appraisals of high value real property. Incumbents must exercise a thorough knowledge of the principles and techniques of supervision, basic personnel and employee relations principles, and departmental policies and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises a group of Real Property Agents performing negotiations for rights of way, leases, purchase, sale, management, title, escrow, concessions, franchises, or other major phases of real property work.
- Supervises the preparation of deeds, leases, reconveyances, agreements, maps, and other documents involved in real property transactions and management.
- Prepares or reviews complex leases, negotiations, or purchases of real property for highways, public building sites, park sites, Flood Control facilities and for other general public purposes.
- Analyzes and interprets appraisals on complex high value properties to be used in condemnation suits, major leases for County governmental offices, or sale or lease of properties.
- Supervises the management, operation, and maintenance of properties acquired by the County and the Flood Control District.
- Appraises real property for the purpose of determining market or fair rental value in the negotiation of leases, rights of way, and excess sales.
- Prepares recommendations and reports for the Board of Supervisors, governmental agencies and officials.
- Performs special County-wide or difficult real property management assignments as necessary.
- Supervises the inspection of or personally inspects alterations being made, or buildings being erected under lease arrangements, to ensure the agreed lessor-lessee specifications are being met.
Advises subordinates and representatives of County Counsel on pretrial and trial proceedings and reviews settlements being made during such proceedings.
OPTION I: Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's Degree including real estate courses totaling 15 semester units or 23 quarter units -and- three years' experience in appraising, acquiring, selling, leasing, or managing real property at the level of Real Property Agent ll; two years of which must have involved commercial or industrial property.
OPTION II: Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's Degree including real estate courses totaling 15 semester units or 23 quarter units -and- three years in facilities project design, development or space management at the level of Real Property Agent ll.
OPTION III: Three years experience performing real property analysis, appraisal, sale, lease, relocation or concession and franchise negotiation for public use as a Real Property Agent II in the County Service.
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
2 - Light: Light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved.
- Facilities Management
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years