Avenida Partners is a boutique development company at the leading edge of the Active Adult (55+) apartment sector (www.avenidapartners.com). Founded in 1990 and based in Newport Beach, we’re active in dynamic locations including Denver, Nashville, Chicago, and Southern California with soon to be added markets including Phoenix and Seattle. We’re looking for a special team member who wants to grow with us as we execute the development phases of our existing and future communities.
As a Senior Construction/Project Manager reporting directly to Avenida’s Managing Partner, you will be a highly valued and integral member of the development team, making critical decisions daily to achieve business plan through the pre-development and construction phases of each asset’s life cycle. You will have responsibility for 3 projects at varying stages of development, working with our land acquisition, marketing, creative design and property management teams. In your role you will have direct communication with the company principals and engagement with senior management in all aspects of the development process, including interaction with lenders and outside investors.
Our small and growing team of 12 key people will be acquiring and developing multiple projects per year, so you will have a great opportunity for growth and personal expansion.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for maintaining project schedule, budget and overall quality for up to three projects.
- Manage all logistics and coordination with General Contractors, architects, design professionals, property management contacts and other consultants during both pre-construction and construction.
- Maintain command and oversight of the development process to foster a positive environment rooted in respect, teamwork and achievement.
- Represent Owner during weekly OAC meetings, visiting sites 2 times per month.
- Consistently supervise and evaluate the General Contractor’s performance.
- Source, evaluate and qualify local General Contracting firms and their team members, and other construction professionals in our markets.
- Review and approve monthly General Contractor Pay Applications.
- Organize all administrative needs and project documentation, including RFIs, submittals, as-built plans and construction close-out detail.
- Produce and provide weekly, monthly and ad hoc project status reports, including schedule.
- A bachelor's degree with a minimum of seven years of project management and/or construction experience supervising entitlement, design, and construction professionals.
- Knowledgeable of construction building codes, safety regulations and all construction related requirements.
- Experience designing and diligently maintaining project budget and schedule.
- A self-starting, team oriented approach with a commitment to make meaningful contributions.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an ability to prioritize.
- Out of state travel will be required. Position is based in Newport Beach.
Compensation will be commensurate with current market but ultimately determined by experience, attitude and character.
- Project Management
Apply for this job