About Penwood Real Estate Investment Management, LLC
Penwood is an entrepreneurial real estate investment advisory group and Registered Investment Adviser focused on the institutional investor market. The company was formed in 2003 and is headquartered in Hartford, CT with regional offices in Pine Brook, NJ and Los Angeles, CA. Penwood provides a national real estate perspective, disciplined management process and experienced investment management. The company is currently focused on value-added re-leasing, rehabilitation, redevelopment, and development of industrial investments in major seaport markets.
We are currently seeking a Real Estate Analyst to join our company located in Hartford, CT.
Characteristics of the Candidate:
The candidate should be self-motivated, organized, analytical, pre-emptive, versatile, and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
The Real Estate Analyst will work directly with the company’s principals and acquisitions officers and will be primarily responsible for supporting activities related to the company’s prospective acquisitions and assets under management. The primary responsibilities include:
- Assist the acquisition team in underwriting and diligence for prospective investment opportunities;
- Prepare, maintain and update complex/dynamic financial analyses including cash flow projections, operating proformas, valuations, investment returns and sensitivity analyses on prospective property acquisitions or development using Excel spreadsheets and Argus;
- Conduct market research to establish and verify the assumptions in the financial models;
- Conduct site visits to ascertain economic, demographic and comparable information for investment opportunities;
- Interact with sellers and their representatives to gather all necessary information to analyze and perform due diligence on opportunities;
- Assist in preparing investment committee briefs;
- Make presentations of investment recommendations to company’s Investment Committee;
- Support property valuation, budgeting, reporting, leasing and sale processes;
- Establish and maintain local, regional and national industry relationships to assist in sourcing, underwriting, due diligence and valuation;
- Compile, evaluate and maintain economic, demographic and real estate market data for input into project-specific deliverables and valuation models;
- Bachelors Degree with focus in finance, economics or real estate;
- 0-3 years of relevant analytical experience;
- Proficiency required in computer applications including financial modeling utilizing Argus and excel software;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Very strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work independently or within a team on multiple projects and tasks;
- Willingness to perform tasks outside his or her job description;
- The ability to effectively manage time and workload to meet deadlines;
- Self-motivated and energetic;
- A strong desire to work in real estate.
Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening, drug screening and a credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate an applicant from consideration for this position. Any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the applicant from this and any other position in Penwood.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Penwood is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce.
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.