Dallas-based, privately held commercial real estate development and investment management company with exceptional performance specializing in value-add and opportunistic real estate investments. With an entrepreneurial spirit and proven 30-year track record across several market cycles they have steadily built up a portfolio of over 13 million square feet of industrial and office properties and 3,000 multifamily units located nationally.
Westmount is well-positioned and capitalized to execute an aggressive acquisition program, and is currently seeking to hire a Senior Director – Acquisitions (Industrial) to be based in the Atlanta, GA market. The Senior Director will report to the Executive Managing Director of Acquisitions for the firm and will function as a key player in acquisition efforts with their primary focus on acquiring value-add and Core+ industrial properties and portfolios concentrated in the Southeastern United States.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
The activities listed here are not all-inclusive; rather, they indicate the types of activities normally performed by this position. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
- Sourcing appropriate acquisition properties.
- Identify and analyze the major risks affecting an investment opportunity.
- Research supply and demand forces in the market.
- Develop detailed and accurate financial models.
- Brief principals and staff on project details and prepare presentations for Investment Committee.
- Analyzing/verifying project budgets and pro-forma assumptions.
- Obtaining and confirming third party reports.
- Verifying and scrutinizing due diligence documentation.
- Reviewing and assessing rent and sale comparables.
- Coordination and participation in closings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- BS or BA in Business, Finance, Real Estate or related field.
- 10-15+ years of previous commercial real estate experience working for an owner/investor or intermediary.
- Thorough understanding of financial concepts (DCF, ROI, IRR, NPV, etc.).
- A general understanding of, and demonstrated experience in, areas of real estate finance, property valuation and equity investment analysis.
- Additional consideration given to candidates who have investment experience in our specialty areas of investment focus.
- Must have a quantifiable track record in business development in the commercial real estate equity arena.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Must have developed relationships and the proven ability to further develop, cultivate and manage high quality relationships with borrowers and intermediaries in the commercial real estate investment industry.
- Must work well in a multi-functional collaborative environment and demonstrate a strong work ethic and committed client service
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to comprehend legal language necessary to the acquisitions process.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel & Argus.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.