Come join one of San Diego’s four S&P 500 companies, Realty Income Corporation, the Monthly Dividend Company. Realty Income attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on meritocracy and values work-life balance resonates with you, please apply today.
Our current opening is for an experienced Lease Analyst who will be responsible for abstracting, interpreting and communicating complex commercial lease language from both standard and non-standard lease agreements for properties being acquired. The Lease Analyst will be responsible for entering the abstracted lease data into Yardi.
Specifically, the Lease Analyst will have responsibility for:
- Abstract accurate information from complex leases and related legal documents. Data will include landlord and tenant obligations (maintenance, capital expenditures, tenant improvements, etc.), critical dates (warranty periods, end of term clauses, etc.); revenue information (common area maintenance, management, administrative fees, etc.), and risk related non-financial clauses (casualty, rent abatement, lease termination).
- Accurately input determinations into Yardi for ultimate consumption by property management and other departments.
- Coordinate and communicate critical information with acquisition and legal departments to ensure timely completion of abstraction.
- Work with various other departments including, lease administration, leasing and dispositions, and asset management to ensure relevant data available for reporting and action upon close of transaction.
- Provide guidance to department personnel regarding abstracted information as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a four-year college or university
- 5+ years of experience in commercial real estate preferred
Certificates, licenses or registrations:
- Paralegal certificate a plus, not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be detail-oriented and familiar with complex and various commercial lease language.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Excellent attention-to-detail skills with the ability to monitor own work and work of others for completeness and accuracy; ability to organize information and materials for others.
- Ability to effectively present information to senior management.
- Proficiency in Yardi, Excel and Microsoft Office.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.